Main Menu

Rallye Wheel Center Cap Screw

Started by 71vert340, January 30, 2019, 05:52:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71vert340

I have a center cap for a 72 Rallye wheel that has these self tapping 1/4-20 screws in it. I seem to remember my 71 Challenger Rallye wheels have this same type of self tapping screw in it. ( I'm trying to avoid pulling a wheel to check). It has a 5/16" hex head and the threads are just over .600" long. Do these look correct? Thanks..
Terry

6bblgt

71vert340

Thanks Dan. Are these screws available with the same logo on the head? I have someone wanting some but I want to keep the few I have in case I lose any. Thanks for any info on a source for them.
Terry

fc7cuda

You might check AMK, otherwise I have some extras if you end up needing some.

71vert340

I pulled two wheels on the Challenger today and solved nothing. One rallye wheel had the same exact screws in it as I posted above. The other wheel had 1/4-20 washer hex head screw non-self tapping as shown in the photos. I can't get two wheels on the other side until I get the Charger moved so I can move the Challenger. The screw threads are the same .600" long with a 3/8" hex head instead of the 5/16' hex found on the other screws. Maybe either screw was used in 1971. Stay tuned for maybe an answer. Anyone else know what is on their rallye wheels?
Thanks.
Terry

318Stroker

AFAIK, the first one you posted is correct. The second one was probably used by a PO that lost the correct ones.