veryhot_post in Spare wheel in case of flat tire in Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension & Steering Author Topic: Spare wheel in case of flat tire  (Read 756 times)

Online 1 Wild R/T

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Six Pack
  • index in Spare wheel in case of flat tire in Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
  • Credits: 8170
    • Share Post
xx in Spare wheel in case of flat tire in Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
Re: Spare wheel in case of flat tire
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 07:58:05 AM »
Just last week my wife hit a pot hole in town and tore open the sidewall.  Luckily she was only two blocks from home and was able to get the car into the driveway while the tire still had some air in it.  I'll definitely be carrying that Ford spare when the Dart is done.  It should fit nicely in the spare tire well along with a patch kit and compressor.

On a side note, I called the city and left them a message about the pot hole.  Within two hours it was fixed.  :unbelievable: :bigthumb: Now that's service!

Clearly your city is nothing like my city... Call in about a pothole?  :rofl: :rofl: around here I feel like Snake Pliskin Escaping from New York across the bridge...

Online Burdar

• Six Pack
  • Credits: 8280
    • Share Post
xx in Spare wheel in case of flat tire in Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 08:31:08 AM »
Small town of less than 1500 people.  The city workers probably had nothing else to do. :D
CHAL2 in Spare wheel in case of flat tire in Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension & SteeringOWEN in Spare wheel in case of flat tire in Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension & SteeringDART in Spare wheel in case of flat tire in Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension & Steering

Offline Brads70

• Six Pack
  • index in Spare wheel in case of flat tire in Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
  • Credits: 10360
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2018, 09:07:09 AM »
Small town of less than 1500 people.  The city workers probably had nothing else to do. :D

Wow that's pretty cool. Around here the potholes are so big Honda's and smart cars fall in them allowing us to just drive over there roofs!  :haha:

E-Bodies Cuda Challenger Message Forum

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2018, 09:07:09 AM »

Online Katfish

• Big Block
  • Credits: 1440
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2018, 05:25:00 PM »
You guys are scaring me, what years is that Ford spare?
Any idea on what the diameter is?

Offline Brads70

• Six Pack
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2018, 11:38:33 PM »
I'm not entirely sure as I picked mine up off the ground in a pile at the wrecking yard. The tire I used was ( if I remember right-10 years ago?) was from a spare from a S-10?
Tire says TI55/90D16 if that helps?
Found this older post over on cc.com .....
 http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=84451.msg844670#msg844670

Offline Solarguy

• Leaning Tower of Power
  • Credits: 1140
    • Share Post
clip in Spare wheel in case of flat tire in Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2018, 01:28:43 PM »

It's an aluminum 16" wheel, had to clearance the center hole a little to fit.  Also swapped a T155/90/16 tire on it and it is now 26" tall and matches the height of my 255/60/15 rear tires so it will not damage the sure grip unit if I have to drive it far in an emergency.  Clears both stock front discs and rear 10 1/2 " drums. I believe they were found on 1998-2002 lincoln town cars and crown vic's.  I got mine on ebay for 50.00  shipped.  There are several versions that look alike.  Use the part number F8VC 1007 to search.

Online Cudakiller70

• Six Pack
  • Credits: 8930
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2018, 07:55:30 PM »
 This is great info. I never considered carrying a spare tire, but this seems like a very good option to have!

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2018, 07:55:30 PM »

Offline Brads70

• Six Pack
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2018, 04:44:20 AM »
I have bigger 8 piston Brembo calipers I was going to use but haven't yet. I was considering this when/if I did? Any thoughts? Pricey for sure but..... what isn't. You would have to machine out the center a little also.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/OEM-2015-2017-Ford-Mustang-SPARE-WHEEL-TIRE-KIT-W-JACK-WRENCH-FR3Z-1K007-C/222038364571?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.automotiveauthorityllc.com/products/spare-wheel-and-tire-kit-for-2015-2017-ford-mustang-gt-with-brembo-brakes

Online Katfish

• Big Block
  • Credits: 1440
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2018, 12:30:21 PM »
I was wondering about the Mustang spares.
There have to be tons of these in the JY by now.
I have an 06 GT, I'll have to see what the spare looks like.
Never had it out of the trunk.....

Offline CudaMoparRay

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Six Pack
  • Credits: 560
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2018, 02:14:24 PM »
Big old classic spare tire that fits the look but not to use either it or the jack. Just call AAA or wife

Offline Brads70

• Six Pack
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2018, 02:52:16 PM »
I was wondering about the Mustang spares.
There have to be tons of these in the JY by now.
I have an 06 GT, I'll have to see what the spare looks like.
Never had it out of the trunk.....
As I understand it, some new cars don't come with spares?

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2018, 02:52:16 PM »

Tags:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter Share via whatsapp

xx
Spare tire

Started by pink aar

3 Replies
Last post August 02, 2018, 03:12:26 PM
by 6bblgt
clip
Spare tire location

Started by Rich G.

14 Replies
Last post April 13, 2018, 05:37:33 AM
by fc7cuda
clip
Spare Tire bracket used in Challenger trunks?

Started by 340challconvert

13 Replies
Last post October 30, 2018, 06:44:38 PM
by 1 Wild R/T
xx
**Tire-Wheel Calculator ***

Started by Bullitt-

1 Replies
Last post March 05, 2017, 07:10:10 AM
by 303 Mopar
question
Help With Tire + Wheel Combo Sizes