Main Menu

Spare wheel in case of flat tire

Started by WCC, October 10, 2018, 12:01:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Burdar on October 11, 2018, 07:47:46 AM
Just last week my wife hit a pot hole in town and tore open the sidewall.  Luckily she was only two blocks from home and was able to get the car into the driveway while the tire still had some air in it.  I'll definitely be carrying that Ford spare when the Dart is done.  It should fit nicely in the spare tire well along with a patch kit and compressor.

On a side note, I called the city and left them a message about the pot hole.  Within two hours it was fixed.  :unbelievable: :bigthumb: Now that's service!

Clearly your city is nothing like my city... Call in about a pothole?  :rofl: :rofl: around here I feel like Snake Pliskin Escaping from New York across the bridge...

Burdar

Small town of less than 1500 people.  The city workers probably had nothing else to do. :D

Brads70

Quote from: Burdar on October 11, 2018, 08:31:08 AM
Small town of less than 1500 people.  The city workers probably had nothing else to do. :D

Wow that's pretty cool. Around here the potholes are so big Honda's and smart cars fall in them allowing us to just drive over there roofs!  :haha:

Katfish

You guys are scaring me, what years is that Ford spare?
Any idea on what the diameter is?

Brads70

Quote from: Katfish on October 11, 2018, 05:25:00 PM
I'm not entirely sure as I picked mine up off the ground in a pile at the wrecking yard. The tire I used was ( if I remember right-10 years ago?) was from a spare from a S-10?
Tire says TI55/90D16 if that helps?
Found this older post over on cc.com .....
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=84451.msg844670#msg844670

Solarguy

Quote from: Katfish on October 11, 2018, 05:25:00 PM

It's an aluminum 16" wheel, had to clearance the center hole a little to fit.  Also swapped a T155/90/16 tire on it and it is now 26" tall and matches the height of my 255/60/15 rear tires so it will not damage the sure grip unit if I have to drive it far in an emergency.  Clears both stock front discs and rear 10 1/2 " drums. I believe they were found on 1998-2002 lincoln town cars and crown vic's.  I got mine on ebay for 50.00  shipped.  There are several versions that look alike.  Use the part number F8VC 1007 to search.

Cudakiller70

This is great info. I never considered carrying a spare tire, but this seems like a very good option to have!

Brads70

Katfish

I was wondering about the Mustang spares.
There have to be tons of these in the JY by now.
I have an 06 GT, I'll have to see what the spare looks like.
Never had it out of the trunk.....

CudaMoparRay

Big old classic spare tire that fits the look but not to use either it or the jack. Just call AAA or wife

Brads70

Quote from: Katfish on October 26, 2018, 12:30:21 PM
I was wondering about the Mustang spares.
There have to be tons of these in the JY by now.
I have an 06 GT, I'll have to see what the spare looks like.
Never had it out of the trunk.....
As I understand it, some new cars don't come with spares?