Main Menu

Strut Arms.

Started by Marty, December 03, 2021, 09:55:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marty

I did some research but nothing really has come up. I'm replacing the rubber before install.

The picture shows the strut arm end that faces the front of my Barracuda. While reading the manual the diagram shows a sleeve. I'm missing a sleeve? Nothing was there during removal. Also, What is the cotter keyhole for there was only a self-locking nut, and which way should the cupped washer be placed, cup to or away from the rubber?

Bullitt-

Quote from: Marty on December 03, 2021, 09:55:37 PM
I did some research but nothing really has come up. I'm replacing the rubber before install.

The picture shows the strut arm end that faces the front of my Barracuda. While reading the manual the diagram shows a sleeve. I'm missing a sleeve? Nothing was there during removal. Also, What is the cotter keyhole for there was only a self-locking nut, and which way should the cupped washer be placed, cup to or away from the rubber?

you are missing the spacers  https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/strut-rod-bushing-spacer-kit/   I notice polyurethane bushing kits come with their own metal sleeve/spacer

A steel roll pin was originally used to prevent the nut from backing out, hardware stores should have.   The concave side of the washer goes against the bushing.   
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Marty

anlauto

YES, thank you...I never knew those were available :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

I've gone to heim joint struts, but from years ago I seem to remember the moog strut rod bushings coming with that sleeve molded into the rubber?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

headejm

Four years ago I installed Moog K7026 Strut Rod Bushing kit. The steel spacers were already installed in the rubber bushings. I just looked in the Moog catalog and that part number is no longer there. Not sure what happened?