Main Menu

Wilwood 4 Disc Conversion

Started by 303 Mopar, May 18, 2017, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on July 05, 2017, 10:43:34 AM
Quote from: soundcontrol on July 05, 2017, 10:27:58 AM
This is good info! Will go back and read this again when I do mine. Thanks!
If the calipers has an air pocket mounted the correct way, isn't that a construction flaw from Wilwood?
PITA if you have to remove the calipers every time you need to bleed.
The caliper is not built for this application only, I bet there's a higher volume application out there [Chevy, Ford, etc.] where the caliper is mounted with the bleeders vertical.

Quote from: soundcontrol on July 05, 2017, 10:27:58 AM
This is good info! Will go back and read this again when I do mine. Thanks!
If the calipers has an air pocket mounted the correct way, isn't that a construction flaw from Wilwood?
PITA if you have to remove the calipers every time you need to bleed.

@soundcontrol - This is only for the 6-piston calipers since they are so long and have to curve with the rotor.  There are a total of 4 bleeder screws (2 on top and 2 on bottom).  But I agree there should be a better design.

@GoodysGotaCuda - It was very clear that these kits are set up as "fits most" and Mopar is on the edge.  For example, the rotors have 3 sets of stud patterns.

HP_Cuda

Overall, I love the look of the 4-discs with my wheel set up and the brakes do outperform a stock disc-drum set up.  However, for the money and trouble of installing these I would not do it again.  I would go to Cass at doctordiff.com and just buy his front disc set up and leave the rear drums on.

:iagree:

I did this with my last Cuda and man the brakes worked great! Cass really knows his stuff.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Chryco Psycho

1 more part to look at creating , we need a real rear disc conversion that works