Main Menu

which is better for front disc conversion

Started by Markjr100, December 14, 2020, 07:12:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Markjr100

good morning and quick question. I am considering converting my front drums to front power disc. there are two styles. one with the mounting plate to put on my drum spindles and one to replace the front spindles with disc spindles.

Question is: is one better that another? One seems easier to install (plate on drum spindle) and one seems more stout (disc spindles) does it matter?

Thanks

Chryco Psycho

Either is good ,, I did a lot of conversions with F body [Volare / 5th Ave parts which works great .
Scarebird makes adapter plates using the drum spindles which should end up cheaper using common parts .
Dr Diff also has conversions .
the 10.9 " rotors are common ,if you are using 15 " wheels the cordoba 11.7 rotors can be used also .

docmel

Whichever you choose, dont stop at just the front brakes.  You will feel a dif in braking power w/just the front conversion, but not that much  Change them all out if you can.  Get a QUALITY kit, and you will save some $$ if you get a 4 way kit, instead of 2 seperate kits  (front and back)

Also:  BE SURE THE KIT YOU HAVE WILL FIT THE BACKSPACING AND DIAMETER WHEELS YOU WILL BE USING!  before you order