Main Menu

1970 Challenger T/A FY1 (Top Banana)

Started by Cuda Cody, October 26, 2016, 05:40:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FY1443433

My Challenger is a project and is a long way from needing paint.  It will require a lot of work and time.  Attached are pictures of how it sits today. Not a pretty sight!

Cuda Cody

Doesn't look very bad.  A little metal work and she'll be good to go!   :banana:

Challenger in NC

Cuda Cody

Figured I would update this thread since the car is running perfect now.  Ended up putting the engine back on the engine dyno and under load noticed the #8 cylinder stopped firing.  When load was lifted off and the engine went back to idle it runs fine.  Turned out to be a clogged rear carb. 

It's kinda funny because when the car was brand new the original told me he drove it off the lot and turned the corner to only have it die on him.  It started back up and he kept driving.... but turned again and it died.  He drove back to the dealership and the car had one float not working right from the factory.  They fixed it and it ran great ever since.  Now 50 years later and it's basically brand new again and it was the carb that was the issue again.  But now it runs fantastic!

Quote from: RusTy/SE on January 15, 2017, 10:22:32 AM
Man! Have you found what's causing the engine to bog?

DeathProofCuda

I hadn't seen this thread before.  Wow, the car is beautiful, but what I'm really impressed by is your shop and the interior/exterior space that you have for restoration work.  :worship: