Main Menu

1970 Barracuda Reanimated.

Started by Marty, December 13, 2020, 04:02:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Garbage to see clips that badly sized. Agree that trim that much higher would a never ending eyesore if left.
Looking great.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Marty

Details, details. :thinking:

Thank you.

Deezel

Great thread and absolutely beautiful car!
Some great ideas here and I'm sure I'll be revisiting this thread often when I start to put my car back together.
:perfect10:
Lonnie
1973 'cuda

ebodyproducts

Absolutely amazing job. I've had trim catch and fly across the shop at deadly speeds. The color on the car is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

Marty

Quote from: Deezel on May 31, 2023, 07:48:53 PM
Great thread and absolutely beautiful car!
Some great ideas here and I'm sure I'll be revisiting this thread often when I start to put my car back together.
:perfect10:

Thank you! :D
Please do... if just one idea works for you, then this thread did its job.

Marty

Quote from: ebodyproducts on June 11, 2023, 03:02:57 PM
Absolutely amazing job. I've had trim catch and fly across the shop at deadly speeds. The color on the car is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll definitely snap you out of a buffing stupor...fast!

Thank you for the color comment. So much more to do.  :popcorn:

Blowout

Just read through this entire thread. Awesome job and badass that you did it all. Well done. Looking forward to more.

Marty

Quote from: Blowout on June 13, 2023, 09:17:57 AM
Just read through this entire thread. Awesome job and badass that you did it all. Well done. Looking forward to more.

...and there will be more. Thanks for the comment.

Marty

My dash pad controversy will end today. Not the way I intended.

I sourced a dash pad from Dash Pad Pros. Smooth transaction. Quick delivery. Nicely made part.  :bigthumb:

Alanna Foxx and the Dash Pad Factory, not so much. :thumbdown:

A major piece of the interior is here, and now I can move on.  :yes:

dodj

I think I need more of the story to understand your last post.  :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

DeathProofCuda

@Marty

Glad that your dash pad issues have been resolved, but I was under the impression that Dash Pad Pros was just another rebrand of the Dash Pad Factory, Ultimate Rides, Dash Masters, and any other former Alan Foxx business venture.  Is that not the case?

Would love to get some more details on your experience.  I need a nudge to pull the trigger on a new dashpad.   :cheers:

Deezel

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on June 21, 2023, 09:53:05 AM
@Marty

Glad that your dash pad issues have been resolved, but I was under the impression that Dash Pad Pros was just another rebrand of the Dash Pad Factory, Ultimate Rides, Dash Masters, and any other former Alan Foxx business venture.  Is that not the case?

Would love to get some more details on your experience.  I need a nudge to pull the trigger on a new dashpad.   :cheers:

I can't speak for Marty but my experience with Dash Pad Pros was nothing but positive. Great communication, fast turn around time and the dash I received was of very good quality.
Lonnie
1973 'cuda

Marty

I mention it very briefly on the ABS Core thread. Now I can be a bit more detailed.

Back in October 2022, I contacted the Dash Pad Factory by e-mail for the price and availability of a black dash pad for my 1970 Barracuda. Alanna Foxx responded. She explained everything to me. The type of dash pad, core charge, shipping, total price, etc. She made a point that when I send the core, make sure to send her the tracking number. I agreed. I told her I will pay in USPS Money orders. She was fine with that. I got everything in order and ready to go.

At the last minute, I had to hold off. I contacted her and gave her a heads-up. A week or so later, I sent off the dash pad, contact information, and $$$. I contacted her again to let her know the shipment was on its way with the tracking number included. A short time later I checked the tracking number, and it said it was received by Alan Foxx.

It was at eight weeks, and I hadn't heard from her, which was ok at the time. This was at Thanksgiving, and I decided to drop her an e-mail asking for an update. She responded and wrote that the dash pad will be shipped after Thanksgiving. I wrote back, thanked her and to have a good Thanksgiving.

I never heard from her again. I sent timely e-mails to her over the months but no response.

I have a record of the e-mails, Money Order receipts, and a record of when I shipped (Tracking number.) the core and $$$. I didn't get a copy of USP info when Mr. Foxx received the shipment.

I wasn't aware at the time that the Foxx's had so many business titles. I checked the Dash Pad Pros for contact information and did not see any. When Deezel reported that all went well and he was happy with his dash pad, I figured I'd go for it. The site said they had one left. I used a CC and hit the enter button. When I got the e-mail receipt, I went into panic mode when I saw the same El Paso address. I decide to wait it out. (Holding on to Dezeel positivity :haha:) Sweating it out for a couple of weeks I received a dash pad. I'm mostly relieved that I got a very, very nice dash pad, but it still bugs me a bit that the other (her) company stung me.

I have never in my career of building classic cars, have I ever been taken advantage of. I've bought and sold parts here and at E-Bodies Only. Using Money Orders and PayPal and everyone was awesome. They would go out of their way to please you. I expected the same from Ms. Foxx. The experience really took the air out of the Barracuda build.

I'm not out to trash her, just relaying the experience as asked. I finally got a dash pad and I'll move on. Not worth the time or expense to pursue it.

She is welcome to reply to this thread if she chooses to. In fact, I'd welcome it. That would be more than what she did with my e-mails.

anlauto

@Marty What happened to the core and the money you sent the Dash Pad Factory ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Marty