damn nice challenger good work  :perfect10: wish it was mine

303 Mopar

Quote from: dodgemania on April 04, 2018, 07:30:31 AM
Quote from: ToxicWolf on April 03, 2018, 10:54:35 PM
More old pictures I haven't uploaded here yet.  :waving:
damn nice challenger good work  :perfect10: wish it was mine

I love this Challenger!   :banana:

Shane Kelley

:perfect10:    :popcorn:    Looks really sweet!

ToxicWolf

Thanks everybody.  She's up on the lift again.  I was shifting into 5th gear at 45 miles an hour and there was no way to change the differential gears to give me better gas mileage on the highway ... so ... she's getting a new six speed.  :cooldance:

Brads70

Quote from: ToxicWolf on April 04, 2018, 10:56:25 AM
Thanks everybody.  She's up on the lift again.  I was shifting into 5th gear at 45 miles an hour and there was no way to change the differential gears to give me better gas mileage on the highway ... so ... she's getting a new six speed.  :cooldance:

T56 Magnum? That will be sweet! You might find you will swap out the 3:73 for 4:11 though? (Depends on your camshaft?)   On the 5 speed you had ,what ratio was 5th gear?  :huh:

ToxicWolf

Quote from: Brads70 on April 05, 2018, 01:22:42 PM

T56 Magnum? That will be sweet! You might find you will swap out the 3:73 for 4:11 though? (Depends on your camshaft?)   On the 5 speed you had ,what ratio was 5th gear?  :huh:

Yep ... T56 Magnum.  They call it a double overdrive. I can jump from the 3:73 to 4:11.  Just can't go from 3:73 to 3:23  :rubeyes:. I don't know the the gears in the 5 speed.

Brads70

Quote from: ToxicWolf on April 05, 2018, 01:32:14 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on April 05, 2018, 01:22:42 PM

T56 Magnum? That will be sweet! You might find you will swap out the 3:73 for 4:10 though? (Depends on your camshaft?)   On the 5 speed you had ,what ratio was 5th gear?  :huh:

Yep ... T56 Magnum.  They call it a double overdrive. I can jump from the 3:73 to 4:11.  Just can't go from 3:73 to 3:23  :rubeyes:. I don't know the the gears in the 5 speed.

I've been eyeballing that transmission as well for an AMC project.... 6th gear is .65 , that will drop your RPM's at 65 mph down to just below 2000RPM's ( with 3:73 ,depending on tire size)  My engine was not " happy " there hence the 4:10 swap ( also have a Dana)

Play around with this... https://www.e-bodies.org/resources/rpm-speed-gear-tire-size-calculator/

You can change the gear ratio's to match 1st, 2nd, and 6th( of the t56) in the 4 speed on this calculator.

ToxicWolf

Thanks, Brad.  That's perfect.  :veryexcited:

ToxicWolf

Adding a picture of the e-brake.

nsmall

I love what little I see.  Keep the pics a coming.  Great work!!! :bradsthumb:

dodj

Thanks for the e-brake pic Toxic!  :drinkingbud:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

Thankfully cars are never truely done !
The T56 will be a blast !!
I installed a E brake this summer but didn't get to try it , I made brakets & mounted off the belhousing  & trans for rigidity

ToxicWolf

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 21, 2018, 04:37:32 PM
Thankfully cars are never truely done !
The T56 will be a blast !!
I installed a E brake this summer but didn't get to try it , I made brakets & mounted off the belhousing  & trans for rigidity

I was going to put in 6 way seats, but when I sat down in it my head hit the roof ... So I took them out. I just left the braces in under the car when I took out the seats and decided that the seat brace was a good place to attach the e-brake.  :banana:. The e- brake works perfectly.

ToxicWolf

One other nice thing about the e-brake is that I could remove the emergency brake peddle and get some more room down there.  This also gave me a great place to hide some electrical relays behind the wall plate to the left of the bake peddle for lights and stuff like that.