Main Menu

1970 Cuda resurrection

Started by HP_Cuda, June 27, 2017, 12:26:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

Turned out really nice!  Great job!!!!   :ohyeah:

nsmall

checked out your build thread at CC from your link you posted on page one of this thread.  Wow.  You are either crazy or very competent.  I will go with competent and might I add confident.  What a major success and accomplishment to finish this PROJECT. 

Congratulations. 

Maybe post some pics on CC?  I basically never go there as this is my home now and it seems that way for many who make it over here.

HP_Cuda

Yeah although this is my new home I should go back and at least post some of the finished product.

Thanks for the compliments.

:drinkingbud:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

7212Mopar

I saw the car at the show but missed hearing it runs. Great to meet you Bryan. Paint and gaps looks really good. I saw the antenna was not installed, radio delete?
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

usraptor

Congrats on a job well done.   :clapping: :worship:  I know the feeling of finally getting it done enough to drive and take to a car show.   :twothumbsup:

HP_Cuda

Nah, have the antenna just didn't have enough time. Pretty easy to add and then send to my audio shop.

Fired it up for Mike and others, funny how guys across the show were revving the hell out of their motors and then the cops showed up.

Quote from: 7212Mopar on June 13, 2018, 12:44:04 PM
I saw the car at the show but missed hearing it runs. Great to meet you Bryan. Paint and gaps looks really good. I saw the antenna was not installed, radio delete?

HP_Cuda

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to the next show. I love seeing folks really surprised by seeing the before pics and then look at the Cuda.  :twothumbsup:

Quote from: usraptor on June 13, 2018, 04:23:08 PM
Congrats on a job well done.   :clapping: :worship:  I know the feeling of finally getting it done enough to drive and take to a car show.   :twothumbsup:

nsmall

Its crazy to think you resurrected that skeleton.   I bet you have a big smile when you drive the car.

RusTy/SE

A long time coming, wow! Congratulations on seeing the process through :bradsthumb:
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

HP_Cuda

Had an issue where the Cuda would backfire under idle. Really strange. Went though and replace all plugs, checked all wires, dismantled the distributor, evacuated all the gas, refilled gas. Still had the problem.

So my last resort was rebuilding the carb, well that did the trick as I think the PV went bad which is kinda weird.

https://youtu.be/ytFiENjBNrM

B