Main Menu

1971 Cuda Hellcat - Chiquita

Started by 71Cuda, February 24, 2018, 02:33:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: MoparDave on March 13, 2018, 07:54:36 AM
Quote from: 71Cuda on March 10, 2018, 08:02:42 PM
The interior will be 100% stock looking and the same for the outside of the car besides the wheels. For wheels I'm looking at the year one 17 inch rally wheels. I'd like to keep the spirit of the factory Cuda image as intact as I can while squeezing in some upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd call them and see if they would be willing to exchange the black handle for the OE chrome. but leave the carbon fiber grips. that's what I have on mine.

:thinking:  What would that shifterhandle/grips  be worth as is?

Pentastarnut

Quote from: 71Cuda on March 10, 2018, 05:57:36 PM
This pistol grip shifter came with the trans kit I ordered. Not sure how I feel about the carbon fiber handle.

i have a new 5 speed set up from Silver Sport with the stock looking wood grain handle i'll trade you if you are interested. I hate the wood grain look. I can unwrap the shifter and take a pic as well. 

anlauto

I would go for that if I were you... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71Cuda

Quote from: Pentastarnut on March 14, 2018, 08:20:16 AM
Quote from: 71Cuda on March 10, 2018, 05:57:36 PM
This pistol grip shifter came with the trans kit I ordered. Not sure how I feel about the carbon fiber handle.

i have a new 5 speed set up from Silver Sport with the stock looking wood grain handle i'll trade you if you are interested. I hate the wood grain look. I can unwrap the shifter and take a pic as well.
Send me a pic please

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

71Cuda

The cat arrived today nice and safe.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

dodgemania

looking damn good like a bat out of hell..

71Cuda

New clutch arrived.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

CudaMoparRay

Great thread for sure.
Subscribing to see how much of a traction problem all that power will actually be in real world streets as compared to a strip using slicks.

MoparDave

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

71Cuda

Random Friday picture.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

Topcat

On your pressure plate/clutch:

For the Hell Cat engine, is that the only type available?
Or do they offer the 3 Finger Borg & Beck type?

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

71Cuda

Quote from: Topcat on March 16, 2018, 06:13:38 PM
On your pressure plate/clutch:

For the Hell Cat engine, is that the only type available?
Or do they offer the 3 Finger Borg & Beck type?
I've seen triple disk setups but dont recall a three finger. I bet there maybe one out there.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

71Cuda

Here is the harness that comes with the Hellcat engine controller setup. You remove the harness that comes on the motor from the factory and install this new harness. I'm sure the madness for that is that the engine they send you are pulled from the lineup going into cars so they are dressed up for an actual production car. This harness doesn't have all the other tied in hook ups. I'll set them side by side once I take that harness off the motor.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

CudaMoparRay

Like the fact that the harness seems to be labeled well for "easy" no guess installation.