Main Menu

1971 Cuda Hellcat - Chiquita

Started by 71Cuda, February 24, 2018, 02:33:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71Cuda

This pistol grip shifter came with the trans kit I ordered. Not sure how I feel about the carbon fiber handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
70 Charger, 71 Cuda

nsmall

Your going custom so I think the shifter fits.  If your interior and dash and what not is going to be OEM, maybe it will look odd.  Sounds like your car will look fairly stock minus a wicked drive-train.

71Cuda

The interior will be 100% stock looking and the same for the outside of the car besides the wheels. For wheels I'm looking at the year one 17 inch rally wheels. I'd like to keep the spirit of the factory Cuda image as intact as I can while squeezing in some upgrades.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

nsmall

A sleepy beast.  I wish you the best as I cant imagine tackling a project like this.  Save some money for new tires as Im sure its going to be tempting to roast a few sets.

gumby

Quote from: Topcat on February 25, 2018, 04:23:07 PM
When you get to this point ready to fire...keep this in mind.

https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/fast-n-loud/videos/hellcat-engine-problems

This is a TV SHOW built on RATINGS and a reality show that is not based on reality! KEEP THAT IN MIND! Did you ever see one of their first episodes, where they cut 95% of a
Early Bronco out, and had the dumbass doofuses working there? Then they sold the Bronco for $65,000 dollars? Yeah, the dude might have won a few Baja races. I'll give
him that. HOW utterly STUPID are you if you belive that?

That doesn't suddenly make him the best restorer guy in the world. Same thing with ALL these shows, Gold star Pawn, whatevewr, Count douchbag - they are all buddies, they have
each other on speed dial - or the producers of the tv show want you to belive it's legit.

Did you ever see the first episodes of that Rick, the restorer dude? The one that does the coke machines and stuff? WATCH one or two of the first episodes.
They are working out of a tool box (hand held tool box NOTHING ELSE! rocks. Nothing but a n empty box of ROCKS!) that includes pliers and a hammer. That's it. SAME with Count Chocula, he was cutting up rare stuff,
and making stupid desicions. All of a sudden, it became mainstream, and INSTANTLY it became "professional" and they were doing quality work.

I DARE YOU to watch the first episodes, and DOUBLE DARE you to take your stuff to him in his early shop tv show. YOU WOULD NOT DO IT! I triple dare you?
You absolutelty would not. the idiots from the first season ended up in a RIVAL shop. Just for BS reality TV. Don't believe me? Take a look. You are a FOOL if you believe ANY of this made up tv BULLstuff! IT"S ALL MADE UP!
the same guys on every show, over 4 or 5 different shows, do you not see a pattern here? It's reality Television. Get over it. It is NOT real life.

Same dude shows up in all 4 shows, they all show up in the same 4 shows, they are ALL fakers. Paid for by reality tv. Get over it! DON"T belive anything you see on tv!

That crap about them not being able to log into an ecu for an engine is total BS MADE FOR TV DRAMA!
I haven't owned a tv for almost 19 years. but the way my job is, all I can do is watch tv when i am away from home, and I see this pattern. HOLY GOD IT IS ALL FAKE!

gumby

Quote from: gumby on March 11, 2018, 01:14:19 AM

This is a TV SHOW built on RATINGS and a reality show that is not based on reality! KEEP THAT IN MIND! Did you ever see one of their first episodes, where they cut 95% of a
Early Bronco out, and had the dumbass doofuses working there? Then they sold the Bronco for $65,000 dollars? Yeah, the dude might have won a few Baja races. I'll give

That doesn't suddenly make him the best restorer guy in the world. Same thing with ALL these shows, Gold star Pawn, whatevewr, Count douchbag - they are all buddies, they have
each other on speed dial - or the producers of the tv show want you to belive it's legit.

Did you ever see the first episodes of that Rick, the restorer dude? The one that does the coke machines and stuff? WATCH one or two of the first episodes.
They are working out of a tool box (hand held tool box NOTHING ELSE! rocks. Nothing but a n empty box of ROCKS!) that includes pliers and a hammer. That's it. SAME with Count Chocula, he was cutting up rare stuff,
and making stupid desicions. All of a sudden, it became mainstream, and INSTANTLY it became "professional" and they were doing quality work.

I DARE YOU to watch the first episodes, and DOUBLE DARE you to take your stuff to him in his early shop tv show. YOU WOULD NOT DO IT! I triple dare you?
You absolutelty would not. the idiots from the first season ended up in a RIVAL shop. Just for BS reality TV. Don't believe me? Take a look. You are a FOOL if you believe ANY of this made up tv BULLstuff! IT"S ALL MADE UP!
the same guys on every show, over 4 or 5 different shows, do you not see a pattern here? It's reality Television. Get over it. It is NOT real life.

Same dude shows up in all 4 shows, they all show up in the same 4 shows, they are ALL fakers. Paid for by reality tv. Get over it! DON"T belive anything you see on tv!

That crap about them not being able to log into an ecu for an engine is total BS MADE FOR TV DRAMA!  ANY RICER could have kicked his a$$ in seconds!
I haven't owned a tv for almost 19 years. but the way my job is, all I can do is watch tv when i am away from home, and I see this pattern. HOLY GOD IT IS ALL FAKE!

76orangewagon

OMG ....open the crate already and show us the motor already !!! :drooling:

71340RT

Going to watch your build close as it will be interesting. It will be a great fun ride when done.
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto

71Cuda

Here are the TTI headers un-wrapped.

70 Charger, 71 Cuda

Shoooter

wow can't wait to see this done!!!! :banana:

rhamson

Quote from: gumby on March 11, 2018, 01:45:21 AM
Quote from: gumby on March 11, 2018, 01:14:19 AM

That crap about them not being able to log into an ecu for an engine is total BS MADE FOR TV DRAMA!  ANY RICER could have kicked his a$$ in seconds!
:iagree: I watch these shows more often than I would like because the other programming just bores me. With the show you are talking about I watched them chop a '32 Ford coupe where the doors would not even close on the passenger side. They raped the guy who bought it with the poor workmanship that I think started the ball rolling for the lead mechanic to leave the show. Much of these shows are for entertainment for the masses. How many shops have we worked on where the shenanigans and mistakes were tolerated as we see in these shows. I know of one host of these shows who would be afraid of who is waiting outside for him after work the way he talks to his employees.

I am watching this build because it interests me very much and I hope everything works out well. I hope the wring harness is as the factory boasts or at least close to a plug and play scenario.

MoparDave

Quote from: 71Cuda on March 10, 2018, 08:02:42 PM
The interior will be 100% stock looking and the same for the outside of the car besides the wheels. For wheels I'm looking at the year one 17 inch rally wheels. I'd like to keep the spirit of the factory Cuda image as intact as I can while squeezing in some upgrades.

I'd call them and see if they would be willing to exchange the black handle for the OE chrome. but leave the carbon fiber grips. that's what I have on mine.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

I knew you would , it is not date coded & stock ..... but then nothing else on the build is either

71Cuda

Quote from: anlauto on March 13, 2018, 10:06:43 AM
I hate that shifter handle :alan2cents:
I agree

70 Charger, 71 Cuda