Main Menu

1971 hemi cuda

Started by dbishop1113, June 28, 2018, 06:00:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

rhamson

Quote from: anlauto on June 29, 2018, 01:58:56 PM
Nice thing about opinions...like assholes, everybody has one.... :drinkingbud:
I worked for a guy who had a saying. The asshole is perfect. It does everything that is asked of it in a spectacular way. Are you Perfect?

Katfish

Hemi definitely has mystique, everyone knows the term.
340, huh what's that........   

autoxcuda

Quote from: dbishop1113 on June 29, 2018, 10:21:03 AM
Appreciate the comments..

I see hemi clones in the 6 figures.....never seen a 340 priced that high.

Convertibles or hardtops? Big difference there.

And were they seen in the last year?  E-body Hemi clones have come down a lot. Sub $80K cars

Remember auctions are unique sales and often fake. So real private sales are a better gauge of a market.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

dbishop1113

Quote from: autoxcuda on June 30, 2018, 08:15:08 AM

And were they seen in the last year?  E-body Hemi clones have come down a lot. Sub $80K cars

Remember auctions are unique sales and often fake. So real private sales are a better gauge of a market.

All hardtops....I couldn't find any hemi 70/71 under 90k for sale for last 3 months....all were 6 figures but 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

autoxcuda

Quote from: dbishop1113 on June 30, 2018, 08:25:35 AM
Quote from: autoxcuda on June 30, 2018, 08:15:08 AM

All hardtops....I couldn't find any hemi 70/71 under 90k for sale for last 3 months....all were 6 figures but 1

Asking and selling are two different things.Dealers or private sales?

70/71 Hemi Cuda is the best car to catch a newbie with money to overpay on. Dealers like RK will wait a year to hook a sucker. Buyer and consignor. Advertised vs actual sell price is miles apart. Makes buyer think he got a deal and he won't loose money in resale.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

dbishop1113

Bottom line is I don't plan on selling anytime soon, who knows where values will be in 10-20 years
I have a 50k budget for the build, not include ding what I paid for the car and hemi, hoping 18-24 month timeline, and in the end maybe I'll be upside down, maybe I won't, but i will have a "brand new" 1971 hemi cuda that should last way past my lifetime, the cool factor will be through the roof

And if it costs more than 50k to build, it's just money...I'll make more

dbishop1113

At home and at the shop, paid a visit today and laid out some plans...Hoping to have it at media blasting next week and in epoxy primer
Overall assessment so far has been positive, planning to put it up on the 4 post lift to start the chassis strengthening and bracing before media blasting.

I come from the mustang world and have several resources for frame measurements and data points......is there a source for such with these cars that I can access...looking to take measurements to see how square and true it is before starting the subframe connectors and door bracing for the rotisserie

Gonna take some of the stuff such as console, dash, seats, column to my house to start the refinishing/rebuilding process....gonna try to have that stuff ready to go when it comes back from paint so we aren't held up on it. Was looking at the legendary leather seat covers and currently they are on a 3 month backorder by the site I looked at...

I'll have more pics this week hopefully

Chryco Psycho

Yes there are frame reference specs I believe in the reference  section here ... looking  :huh:

anlauto

Welcome to another Ford guy finally seeing the light :andyangel: :haha: :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dbishop1113

Quote from: anlauto on June 30, 2018, 07:46:13 PM
Welcome to another Ford guy finally seeing the light :andyangel: :haha: :drinkingbud:

I don't know about that....currently have a 1965 mustang fastback restomod build going simultaneously........yes, I'm nuts....
However that one I've owned for 13 years and is a rustbucket, it's currently in metalwork and getting $5,000 in sheetmetal and 10k in labor for metal work, it should be about 3-6 months behind the cuda.....but since the cuda is so dang expensive, I'm gonna have to do a lot of the mustang myself, such as the electrical, engine, trans, rear end, suspension, interior.....probably everything but the metal/body work and paint....
Here is the inspiration for the mustang...

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GY3R/T

Are we talking about a nut & bolt "71 Hemi Cuda" Clone ?    :notsure:   Or just a " This is what i want my Hemi Cuda to look like " Conversion.    :dunno:
    Nut & Bolt...   You Better Sharpen your pencil.

dbishop1113

Quote from: GY3R/T on June 30, 2018, 08:06:34 PM
   Are we talking about a nut & bolt "71 Hemi Cuda" Clone ?    :notsure:   Or just a " This is what i want my Hemi Cuda to look like " Conversion.    :dunno:
    Nut & Bolt...   You Better Sharpen your pencil.

Definitely not but and bolt....like I said, will be fuel injected, aftermarket suspension, vintage air a/c, gear vendor overdrive...etc.
But stock outer appearance minus wheels, stock interior...but I won't be detailing each part concours style. Will repaint/refinish each piece so its a "new" car, but not factory correct.  Sort of a stock appearing restomod

nsmall

50k is a solid chunk of change, but unless you have a painter who is very fair, you might have to do a lot more work than you are expecting as parts add to lots of $$$$ so fast.  How much work does the hemi need from a financial perspective?  I can tell you are passionate.  Keep at it!

RUNCHARGER

Oh, that mostly red fastback is a nice car!
Sheldon