Main Menu

1973 Challenger Rallye JA5

Started by Burdar, April 05, 2017, 11:30:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Burdar

Time for the back end.

Test fitting trim...

Most of the original trunk floor was saved.

I bought those short frame rail sections that repair the area around the leaf spring shackles.  If I were doing this today, I would have purchased full rails.

After final blasting.

1 Wild R/T

Nice work!! It's rare to see the later model cars done to a high level, Heck, it's rare to see any cars done to the level you've brought your car to...  :cheers:

RUNCHARGER

I agree: Really good shots of it all too.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Lining up all the trim during bodywork is the best way to do it.   Nice job! 

Burdar

Goodmark front fenders...adjusting gaps.

Burdar

Rev-It-Up

Looks awesome!!  This is the real exciting part... COLOR!  :banana:  Can't wait to see the pics.   :pixiepop:
Rev-It-Up

Spikedog08

Nice Job Burdar!  Looking SHWEEEEEEET   :worship:  Love it when it is all clean!    :D
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

So impressive the attention to detail.  Not many cars done to that level.   :worship:

RUNCHARGER

Good car to start with, very high quality workmanship means this car will now last forever.
Sheldon

Burdar

RUNCHARGER

Man that was fast! Actually what was the time frame for bodywork start to final paint? Your body and paint guys are a rare find it seems.
Sheldon

Burdar

There was some behind the scenes drama with the company so it took longer then I would have liked.   The car was shipped to Ohio in October of 08.  I got it back in June of 2010.  The manager(Tim) who moved out there, didn't work on the car initially.  He had his other employees working on it.  According to Tim, the guys were new and didn't work very fast.  The entire budget was used up in just the metal replacement.(before any bodywork/paint)  Tim ended up taking over and finished the car after hours on his own time.  He kept to his word and stuck to his original estimate but the time frame extended out quite a bit.  He wasn't happy where he was and ended up moving back to Iowa once my car was done.  The only extra time I was billed for was to install the vinyl top and the strobe stripes since they weren't originally going to do that.

Cuda Cody

This will always be one of my favorite builds... and colors!!!   :wowzers:

Burdar