Main Menu

69 383 Formula S 4 speed

Started by Shane Kelley, September 20, 2017, 01:26:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

If we're being honest.....I love the build of this car, the quality throughout is exceptional, I've leaned to live with the hood scoop, but I hate the wheels....they just cheapen up the look of the whole car :alan2cents:

If the customer wants a Super Stock Hemi Barracuda look....then use the correct looking steel wheels and get rid of the radials....run some skinny's up front with some tall tires out back.....

Better yet, throw on some vintage mags :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I would throw on different wheels if it was my car but I think it might look cool once the windows and other bits are installed. I like the white letter tires as they give it a vintage Street Machine look. The owner can experiment with trim rings or center caps if he doesn't like the bare wheels. I like the 5 spoke mag look on old cars but other people like different looks.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

I love this build, the scoop is perfect and I love the blacked out wheels with white letter tires!  I don't think the "cheapen up the look"  at all. You could do black steelies but this is an amazing build @Shane Kelley, much better than most of us could ever do.   :drinkingbud:

Marc70challenger

anlauto

Yea...I know ...I'm an old fart.....I just don't like BFG's I guess.....maybe a red line radial ...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

moparcar

I love it! I'd drive that any day! Great work as always Shane! Black looks so good.
Wes

RUNCHARGER

Black is tough to photograph, I can imagine Shane's work looks even better in person.
Sheldon

Brads70

I can't say I'm a big A-Body guy but you knocked this one out of the park!  Just wow!!!!!! Made my head turn! :yes: :bradsthumb:

RzeroB

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 13, 2018, 11:21:06 AM
Black is tough to photograph, I can imagine Shane's work looks even better in person.

I've seen it in person and it does. Amazing thing is that black is a single-stage that looks as deep and "wet" as just about any base-clear paint job. I don't know how he does it, but Shane is an amazing wizard with this stuff.  :ohyeah:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Shane Kelley

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Fixing and polishing trim has really slowed me down. I'm dredging my way through it. This trim repair and polishing is a serious time hog! I was thinking there wasn't much trim on this car in the back of my mind. Well there is plenty and I think every piece has at least 1 dent and most have multiple dents. Interior even has trim. Speaking of interior. Man these cars have a lot of metal trim parts. Got some chrome back from the plating shop as well.

Chryco Psycho

Heck yes there is a ton of trim on these cars !! , only the 66 charger was worse  :Thud:

autoxcuda

Well it could be a 67-68.

Then you end up restoring the grille surround and headlight buckets. Heavy nicked and usually tweaked to hell. Same with trunk trim.

Did you buy the repro 69 grille assy and trunk trim? 
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Cudakiller70

How do you like the sound with dynomax mufflers?

RUNCHARGER

I enjoy doing the trim. It's good therapy, but yes you can't be in a hurry.
Sheldon

Shane Kelley

Quote from: autoxcuda on June 19, 2018, 03:23:08 PM
Well it could be a 67-68.

Then you end up restoring the grille surround and headlight buckets. Heavy nicked and usually tweaked to hell. Same with trunk trim.

Did you buy the repro 69 grille assy and trunk trim?

Yes.  Repop stuff! Non of it is awesome but it's decent.  I'm happy to able to even get it.