Main Menu

70 Challenger back on the ground

Started by RJChallenger, May 07, 2018, 03:47:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RJChallenger

Spring is here,I hope everyone had a good winter. I know I did. The last couple of months, I removed the spring relocation boxes from the car, patched the frame rails. The car was mini tubed years ago and had the leaf springs moved in. I didnt like the job as it was done.Found another e-body housing it was cheaper than buying new seats and welding them in.No worries about pinion angle either. Found a set of XHD 440 leaf springs complete and pretty good shape . Every thing is coming together  3.55 gears and Randies ring and pinion aggressive clutch type posi. New axle seals and Felpro gaskets.I think it sits a little high in the back. The car here is seen with 295/50 R15 on 15x10 cragers. (I would have loved to found a A body housing and put the tires inside the car). I'm very pleased with the way it sits. The BF goodrich tires were bought in the fall of 1989 along with those cragers and have less than two miles of drive way driving.   One door more,some brake work and install a trunk floor  and repair the roof is the last of my to do list.It was born a 340  but now has  a .030 over 440 , A 4 spd with a pistol grip and a newly assembled rear end. Thanks to every one that has help motivate me back into action.

Cuda Cody

Chryco Psycho

Brads70

Looking good, too bad I didn't know you needed a rear end housing/axels/brakes I have one here sitting doing nothing.

RUNCHARGER

Great looking Challenger, nothing like an orange one. Keep working on it.
Sheldon

Crusty

Looks great! I love the 10'' Cragars! I have them on my Road Runner and will have a set on my Cuda when its finished.

nsmall

Taking care of business...Yeah baby! :wrenching:

jimynick

Congrats on your progress! I see you're in "The Hammer". Are you up on the mountain or downtown? I worked in Hamilton for over 30 years and know most of the bodyshops and guys if it'd help at all.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Dmz73

Right on!
Keep wrenching! It's looking great!
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk