Main Menu

70 Challenger Conv. Restomod. 6.1 Hemi

Started by soundcontrol, January 18, 2017, 12:52:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

It never ceases to amaze me as to what some people call body work/repairs.  :headbang:  I'm glad you're doing it right.   :wrenching: :twothumbsup:

soundcontrol

I welded up all the holes I don't need now, not sure about a few of the wire clips holes, but I left them just in case, if I don't use them its not the end of the world.

Cuda Cody

Looks great Ken.   :banana:  Getting close to paint?  What's left to do?

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

soundcontrol

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 12, 2017, 07:13:43 AM
Looks great Ken.   :banana:  Getting close to paint?  What's left to do?

Gonna turn it around now and start changing the trunk floor and extensions. I have to get it out and turn it outside and there a big 63 Ford Galaxie in the way, maybe we can get that out during easter now. After that its back on the rotisserie to fix the front torque boxes, weld some stuff I left out because of access, and modify the T-bar crossmember for the NAG1 tranny. And the big decision to cut and re-weld the quarters or not.... (see my thread about that one). Then it's painting time, all under and inside.

nsmall

Dang someone's going to town on their build.  Thanks for the engine bay photos of the holes you filled in.

Keep up the great work.

Shoooter

Looks great. You have done a great job so far keep it up

soundcontrol

Working on the trunkfloor now, was gonna take the car outside and sandblast the insides of the framerails today, but as soon as I got it out it started snowing! It's April, spring! GRRR.... :verymad: 
Just to roll it back in again.

Had to test fit the AMD panels though, seems to fit well.

Found another bad spot I did not see before, passanger side corner between the quarter and the light bar panel. Rust at the edge of the lightbar panel flange, I wonder why they didn't fix this while changing the quarter skins...

soundcontrol

Better weather today, blasted and 2K epoxy'd the inside of frame rails and the top of the rear shockmont, so nice to get access to these parts and make them rust free and protected.

Cuda Cody

Thanks for the updates!!!!  Nice work like always.  You're making great progress.  :banana:

soundcontrol

Been using a copper piece with magnets on the sides for backing while welding up holes etc. My TIG goes bananas when close to a powerful magnet, the arc just bounce around. So I made this tool today, I copied an Eastwood design that I saw in a YT video. Now the magnet gets far away from the welding point. Works great.

Cuda Cody

soundcontrol

How do I get the paint and bondo off the quarters without making a mess in the garage? I bought some paint stripper, didn't work, maybe I didn't wait long enough, or put enough of it on.... gonna try again. Cant grind inside, even with a sander that has a vacuum connection, it gets dusty. Any other way?

Cuda Cody

Don't think paint stripper will do much good on bondo.  Sanding it always makes a mess, but it's kinda the best way to get it off.