Main Menu

70 Challenger SE

Started by Timbbuc2, January 05, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

I have a,question , the chrome  strip that goes on the back side of the hood near the windshield, whats the best way to install without damaging the paint?
Tim
Get in, I'll drive

Chryco Psycho

:thinking: 8 years ago when I installed mine

Timbbuc2

It slips on , looks like it might damage the paint if done correctly
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

The chrome edge has a gripping effect and I think the top is slick to,not dig into the paint, but the bottom edge has to,have some sort of teeth or something to,hold the strip on.  Mine has been on since 07, and have not seen any problem with paint.  It's just not made to be put on and off  Just make sure it goes on right the first time. Same as the short strips for the fender ends.

RusTy/SE

No sign of attaching hardware when removed from my car, late 2006.  By all signs it appeared as if they had remained in place from new.
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Timbbuc2

Installing the starter but it wont go all the way end. I had a starter i bought off cc.com so went to a box store and got another one and same thing. Looks like it has a metal insert in the trans housing. Should I try and get it out. This is the 727 that came in my car. What the heck is this? Part of the old starter?
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

My old starter  fell off one day in the Lowes Parking lot in town.........Roll Back to the house...., remove the header and New starter  install.........I don't know if the pics of what I bought will help but here they are.......

Timbbuc2

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on October 31, 2017, 02:54:37 PM
My old starter  fell off one day in the Lowes Parking lot in town.........Roll Back to the house...., remove the header and New starter  install.........I don't know if the pics of what I bought will help but here they are.......
Thats exactly  what I have,  but it will not go in as far as it should. Over the years its no telling what has been done
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Mine has the 727 also...........Mystery..........

Timbbuc2

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on October 31, 2017, 03:29:26 PM
I think over the past 40 years someone didi some shadetree mechanicing lol
Get in, I'll drive

What is diameter of removed starter nose and starter replacement noses ?

Timbbuc2

Quote from: 73440 on October 31, 2017, 06:09:51 PM
What is diameter of removed starter nose and starter replacement noses ?
I will measure today but they are the same size. Since I have owned the car I have not had a starter installed.
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on October 31, 2017, 03:29:26 PM
Mystery solved. Looks like someone put this insert for some reason. Put a screwdriver inside and it came out no problem. Who knows lol Now the starter goes in no problem
Get in, I'll drive

6bblgt

looks like the cap from a dipstick  :dunno: wonder if it got magnetized & randomly stuck to the starter shaft at the nose-cone  somewhere along the line?

Timbbuc2

This car has been in pieces for the last 20 some years so it is no telling
Get in, I'll drive