70 Challenger SE

Started by Timbbuc2, January 05, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Timbbuc2

Here is a couple
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

anlauto

Are the calipers supposed to go off the back like that ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Man, nothing gets by Alan.   :worship:   I completely glanced over it, but he's right.  The factory calipers should go on the other side. 

Quote from: anlauto on February 21, 2017, 11:39:44 AM

71GranCoupe

I am sure they were mounted for a last minute photo shoot.  :bricks:

Timbbuc2

Last reply didnt go through,,
Funny you should mention that @anlauto , I thought the same thing, but if you change sides the steering linkage will be on the front.
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

Pretty sure they should go on towards the front of the car?   :huh:  Do you have any other photos?  Maybe we'll see something that we can help with?

Timbbuc2

Not home right now, return back in 2 weeks, I will get some pics then, thanks, I need all the help I can get.
Get in, I'll drive

anlauto

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on February 21, 2017, 12:44:31 PM
Funny you should mention that @anlauto , I thought the same thing, but if you change sides the steering linkage will be on the front.

You're joking right ?
You have the lower ball joints on the wrong side, switch the ball joints and all your problems will be solved.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Timbbuc2

Quote from: anlauto on February 21, 2017, 02:15:36 PM
Quote from: Timbbuc2 on February 21, 2017, 12:44:31 PM

You're joking right ?
You have the lower ball joints on the wrong side, switch the ball joints and all your problems will be solved.
You are saying to swap the rotor assy to the other side?
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

Lower ball joint came installed with the rotor assembly
Get in, I'll drive

anlauto

Then maybe the aftermarket set-up you bought is not supposed to be the same as stock original .

Cuda Cody

Alan and I have a lot more experience with stock set ups, so maybe Alan is right that it could just be the way the aftermarket system is set up.  Could be designed to be that way.   :notsure:  Post more photos when you get home.   :bigthumb:

Timbbuc2

Thanks guys, that is one reason I post, INPUT, love it. These came with the car new in the box. I tried on the other side but didnt look right. Yes I will post more pictures when I get home. BTW, I bought Moog upper ball joints and the wrench to remove them. But when I installed the ball joint it would not tighten up, too loose. Maybe they gave me the wrong part. But I did notice that the previous owner had installed new ones, So now I have a ball joint wrench to go in my tool box :rofl:
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

I've seen people ruin the upper control arms by pressing the ball joint out when it's a threaded situation.   :notsure:  Maybe someone pressed an old one out and that's why the new ones didn't fit?  But sounds like you got a set to screw in so maybe that's not it and they just sent you the wrong size?

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on February 22, 2017, 07:11:21 AM
But when I installed the ball joint it would not tighten up, too loose. Maybe they gave me the wrong part.