Main Menu

71 B5 Cuda 340 4 speed

Started by Shane Kelley, May 04, 2017, 10:09:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Shane Kelley

Moving along. Weekend of 5/20/17. Headliner just about complete. Dash bolted in and cables hooked up. Everything underneath is finished except bleeding the brakes. Bumpers, valances and exterior lighting on. Stripes and door handles complete. I didn't think I was going to like the argent grill but after seeing it all together I honestly like the way it looks. The dark argent gives it a mean look to me.

anlauto

That's what I call the home stretch......looking good  :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Very nice!!!   :bravo:  Body color or argent, I like the look of the 71 grille so much I don't think any color could ever make it look bad.  Just a classic work of art.  One of the best looking from grilles in history on any car.

RUNCHARGER

The fun part, you bolt a piece on and stand back and admire it while sipping a beer.
Sheldon

Shane Kelley

Progress update. I did run into a little issue with M&H dash harness. Not a big deal but still had to track it down. I thought at first I was dealing with the usual ground problem that happens with a fresh build and everything is painted. The issue was with park lights. Started out RR was bright and nothing on LR park. RF park was just bright all the time also.  As it turned out 2 different issues all together. Front was a new PG classic repop that had the bulb stuck in wrong. Rear was 2 wires reversed on dash harness that feeds rear lights. The black and the brown was reversed. So all electrical is sorted out and everything working perfect. Engine fired with no leaks or issues. Still have all glass, side panels and seats left on interior. Dome light and a few small odds and ends. Getting really close.

Cuda Cody

First time I've ever heard anyone having an issue with M&H, but glad you found it and got it worked out.   :banana:  Looks like you'll be on the road really soon.  Wonderful job man.    :bradsthumb:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 30, 2017, 08:59:44 AM
First time I've ever heard anyone having an issue with M&H, but glad you found it and got it worked out.   :banana:  Looks like you'll be on the road really soon.  Wonderful job man.    :bradsthumb:
I have installed a couple others and they were fine. Shit happens! At least this was a pretty simple fix. I still have the opinion they are excellent harnesses and would recommend them to anybody.   

Shane Kelley

Year One wheels on. The advertisement banner across the top of the forum paid off for them. I was just finishing up my 15x7 rallye's when I changed my mind to give the car a little updated look. Went with the 17x8 and 17x9's. They fit absolutely perfect. I'm very happy with the results. I'm not completely decided on the stance yet. Going to have to see where the car settles and go from there. Thinking I want the rear just a little lower. I like the front where it is.

Working on the seats right now. Changing them from the standard covers to the deluxe leather ones. I just can't stand the look of the standard 71 seat covers. I almost didn't get a 71 for that reason. The deluxe leather is not my favorite either but I like them better than standard. I didn't want to go with something totally off the wall. Blasting and painting the frames, installing new foam and covers.

Repaired and polished the rest of my trim this past weekend. Still have a few things to go but getting pretty close.

nsmall

Looking great.   You seem real close.  I hope you make your deadline.  The wheels look sharp.

Cuda Cody

Man, that looks sweet!  I like how where the rear sits, it's the fronts that I would lower.  But I like that classic raked look from the 70's.   :inlove:

I know what you mean about the seats.  One of the worst seat patterns ever made in one of the best looking cars ever designed. 

Rev-It-Up

Looks amazing!!!  Great job!  :twothumbsup:
Rev-It-Up

Chryco Psycho

love the look of the new wheels , I agree I would lower the front bit ,the 71 seats never bothered me ,easy to keep clean !

76orangewagon

My front end sat high initially until I drove it around the block and then it settled, just dropping it down off the jack stands won't work the suspension enough to settle it..IMO
My powder coater said he blasted his seat frames and baked them twice to get the smell out of them before powder coating them...that's a real nice attention to detail often overlooked that you did by blasting and refinishing the frames before reassembly.

Cudakiller70

Man that looks sooooo good! :banana:
The wheels are sweet! What are your rim back spacings and tire sizes?