Main Menu

71 Challenger 440 six pack 4 speed

Started by antonellomopar, October 11, 2020, 03:09:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

larry4406

You have done a hell of a lot of work from the rust bucket shown in the original pictures!

antonellomopar

time to do some dirt work...taking the k member off the car and taking completely apart. Paint and refinish all the parts...and weep everything movable. K Member and all susspension parts are going to be cleaned of and replaced...until the completed 440 4 speed assembly will be installed in the car...from the bottom. The body will fall on the assembled K members...as in producion cars

Skdmark

Looks like how just spent my weekend. Stripping down a K frame and front suspension for a rebuild.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

antonellomopar

The hard part was taking off the rusty torsion bars...the fun part begins now...taking everything apart....

usraptor

Wow that paint looks amazing!  :perfect10:  In some pictures it looks red and in others orange??  Dash also looks great!  The re-assembly is the fun part.  Keep up the good work! :twothumbsup:

antonellomopar

Time for some updates....car is now being put back together.

antonellomopar

going to the mechanics...

antonellomopar

Installed engine and trans on the K member, and dropped the body on it. Sandblasted all front end components

antonellomopar

engine and all front end components installed
exhaust fitted
parking brake fitted
clutch assy ok
put wheels back on and for the first time I can see the car with wheels on and at correct stance.
trial fitted the shaker scoop
Will probably start engine in the next couple of days.

antonellomopar

Quote from: usraptor on October 24, 2021, 04:29:26 PM
Wow that paint looks amazing!  :perfect10:  In some pictures it looks red and in others orange??  Dash also looks great!  The re-assembly is the fun part.  Keep up the good work! :twothumbsup:

Maybe it was the shade or the flash...but color is EV2.... :)

anlauto

Looks fantastic, I can't believe how quick it's coming together  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Beautiful Challenger, although I'm partial to Cuda's!
Is this what you bought the Shaker adapter for?

antonellomopar

Yessss....
I am in love with Cudas...as I have three, but was missing a 71 Challenger six pack four speed. My collection is now finished.

cudamadd

All I can say is WOW . I do not think that you sleep . With your process on this car its incredible . Keep up the FAST work coming along very nicely .cheers  :australia: