Main Menu

74 Challenger with twins

Started by YellowThumper, January 14, 2019, 10:35:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ebodyproducts

I like the idea of the inlets through the headlights.  Keep up the good work. :ohyeah:
E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

YellowThumper

Finished de-pinning a bulkhead plug. Removed all but starter solinoid and alternator wires. Connections soldered and rewrapped.
Modified the fuel rails. Previously there were -6 flex line between rail pieces to clear carburetor linkage. Sized a solid pipe in between them. Looks better and will flow better. Reinstalled and now re-plumbed the fuel lines. Throttle body and linkage installed.
Next up will be calibrating throttle position air inlet valve. Temp, air inlet temp switches and O2 sensor.
All in with this conversion. It's gonna work or it's gonna hit the trash.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

YellowThumper

Non start but overall not a failure.
All sensors calibrated, fuel system checked.
After nervous pacing and random delays messing with unimportant things, I finally got brave and attempted to start it.
Would occasionally kick but would not stay running more than a few seconds.
No backfires. Which is a huge plus.
Feels like it is running out of fuel in run mode. There is an enrichment for startup only.
Gonna put my tune out on the ms forum to hopefully get some pointers.
On a side note (I always have them) I purchased a Porsche 911 AC condenser. Porsche uses 2 that are located in the front of their inside fenders. It does fit up in there.
Will run 1 in each fender with electric fans and add an inner splash shield. The 2 added up will be as large as a single directly in front of radiator.
This will free up the radiator to help keep temps in control.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.