Main Menu

A.G.A.R. Coming Soon...

Started by anlauto, September 13, 2018, 12:07:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

bpsmopar

The owner saw my B7 Challenger RT convertible at Moparfest and invisioned his AAR looking as sweet as the convertible Alan had just finished. We were hoping Alan would get a few Resto leads from the show!👍😎

RUNCHARGER

Cool car, that colour will look so much better when it is fresh.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: bpsmopar on September 13, 2018, 06:42:25 PM
The owner saw my B7 Challenger RT convertible at Moparfest and invisioned his AAR looking as sweet as the convertible Alan had just finished. We were hoping Alan would get a few Resto leads from the show!👍😎

There's still that guy we were talking to with the U code convertible...he should call me... :yes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

Very cool project.  whats the username for that gal with the green AAR?  Im sure she would like to watch the progress on this one.

nsmall

Okay, I just saw her on another post.  Her name is @Cudagirl3406

700 AKN

This car looks like the one I have seen a few times around my area.
If so then he's from London and the car was purchased from St. Thomas.  It will have the original dealer emblem tag on the rear.
His personal plate says "Sydwaz" (Sideways)

I hope this is the same car because it does need restoration and having Alan do the job will make the owner very proud to show it again at car shows.
He never took it to very many shows.

Cudagirl3406

Awesome car... looks familiar too @nsmall  :)

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on September 13, 2018, 05:38:38 PM
I wonder if that's the one I took a picture of at the Ancaster show two years ago? I posted the pic on C-C.com

It's not the same car you would have seen at Ancaster, that green one belongs to my friend Kevin, he's had his "driver" AAR for likely 30 years or more and lives out that way....he drives his all the time...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

@700 AKN has hit the nail on the head, that is the same car. :slapme5:

Fastmark

I bought this one in 79 as a parts car just in case something happened to my orange AAR. it's been stored inside ever since. I gave it too my Son as an 10 year old to keep everyone from trying to buy it! That saved it from a divorce decree. It's rust free and all matching. Auto with green interior. The green will look good fresh. Back in the day, I did not like the color. It grows on you!

Cuda_mark

Bought it as a parts car....that is awesome. You had some foresight in '79!!!

What did it cost you then?

Fastmark

$1500. It was missing the air cleaner and one carb. Other than that, it was complete.

SYDWAZ

:veryexcited: Hi everyone, just joined up. This is me after 2 emails and talking to Alan in person. I decided to restore my car because I remember how excited I was every morning seeing this car in mum and dads garage and knowing that I owned it.    It survived 1 divorce and some hard times. I bought the car in St. Thomas in April 70 and put the clutch out of it by sept. They put a new clutch in it under warranty (how often does that happen) thanks to Don Brooks. As winter was coming I decided to buy my buddies 64 valiant station for $400, so the Cuda has never seen a Canadian winter or salt. So this is why it is in the condition it is. As you mentioned it has not been driven a lot. It had 25000 mi. on it in 1975. After Alan performs his Magic you will see it a lot more. Im enjoying everyones comments. Cheers Doug.

RUNCHARGER

Welcome: Very smart of you keeping it all these years.
Sheldon

YellowThumper

Wow another great one to follow.
Lots of love from me for the long time owners.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.