A.G.A.R. Not an E BODY

Started by anlauto, July 01, 2021, 04:02:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YYZ

anlauto

Quote from: Cudajason on September 20, 2021, 11:47:24 AM
Quote from: anlauto on September 20, 2021, 11:07:25 AM
...."long term project".....Sometimes I just can't help myself  :-[

at this point I expect to see it a MoparFest next year!!!!!

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Quote from: YYZ on September 20, 2021, 11:58:41 AM
Looks pretty solid

It's had metal replacement already, so it's rock solid.. :1place:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

70rag383

Alan, for sure you can have 'er ready for Moparfest 2022! :veryexcited:

anlauto

Quote from: 70rag383 on September 20, 2021, 06:47:39 PM

I just hope there IS a Moparfest in 2022... :pullinghair:

Cudajason

Quote from: anlauto on September 20, 2021, 07:04:48 PM
Quote from: 70rag383 on September 20, 2021, 06:47:39 PM

I just hope there IS a Moparfest in 2022... :pullinghair:

Lets not go there yet!!!!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: anlauto on September 20, 2021, 12:08:27 PM
Quote from: YYZ on September 20, 2021, 11:58:41 AM
Looks pretty solid

It's had metal replacement already, so it's rock solid.. :1place:

Oh man.   That's the biggest hurdle of a restoration!    --at least that's how it's going for me :haha:

anlauto

Added a new page to my website with some pictures of this project....enjoy... :takepicture:
http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/SRTDNA.html

Spikedog08

I am seriously jealous over your new project!  I have been considering pulling the 440 out of the convertible and installing a newer motor and 5 or 6 speed and modernizing the car with better suspension and installing A/C.  Love to say I would know how to do all those things but . . . certainly would need a lot of help. 

Definitely watching your progress!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

FE5CUDA

Quote from: Spikedog08 on September 22, 2021, 07:37:21 AM
I am seriously jealous over your new project!  I have been considering pulling the 440 out of the convertible and installing a newer motor and 5 or 6 speed and modernizing the car with better suspension and installing A/C.  Love to say I would know how to do all those things but . . . certainly would need a lot of help. 

Definitely watching your progress!   :clapping:

Relax, it's not that difficult.

anlauto

Yea, I agree...More and MORE companies are bringing out products to make a Gen III practically a direct bolt in...You can even do it in your wife's two car garage with very little effort. :twothumbsup:

Holley's family of companies has in-tank fuel pumps for stock tanks, radiators made to fit an 392  E Body
TTI has headers
Silver Sport Transmissions has the new TKX 5 speed with bellhousings for the 392
Reily Motorsports has the front suspension kits for an E Body with a 392 if you want to go that far
Mopar makes the wire harness kit..
DIYHemi also has a plug and play wire harness..

Spikedog08

Well certainly have me thinking!  So FE5CUDA drive up from Ohio and Anlauto drive down from Canada and it will be a lot easier for sure!   Get Neil in from Panama and be done is a couple days! 

:twothumbsup:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

Oh....and the 392 I just put in that black 71 Challenger pulled 449.8HP AT THE REAR WHEELS on a Chassis dyno at 20/20 Motorsports ...I'll post the results when I get the car back tomorrow (if it stops raining)

70rag383

I already have the upgraded suspension, Wilwood brakes  and the TKO-600, all done by Alan.  I'm giving the GenIII serious consideration. While I like the heart and soul of the vintage 383 in my car I don't like it's reliability and drivability, especially as I get older. Next year I want to do the Hot Rod Power Tour. :yes:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on July 02, 2021, 03:03:56 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on July 02, 2021, 01:33:02 PM
Congrats! Great deal! Cool car! Are you actually going to keep it and drive it?
I noticed you don't " get attached to the inventory " like most of us do?
The plan is to license/insure and drive it....I don't think I will advertise it, but I'll keep it until someone wants to buy it...It will be more like advertising the different type of work that I can do...

Must be a Canadian thing.... To me when I say "Keeper" it means I intend to keep the car... Somehow Alan and Nick Panaritis (both Canadians) call something a "Keeper" it means "For Sale"...