Main Menu

A.G.A.R. Not an E BODY

Started by anlauto, July 01, 2021, 04:02:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Yes, in any of your own threads, you can go to the first post, click on "modify" and change anything you like including the title....nifty little trick, and it doesn't clog down the forum with multiply threads on the same topic...

A couple of factors in the FJ6  decision ....first, this car will represent a different direction in which my company is heading, this resto-mod thing is just a current fad, and I fully understand that, but as long as people want them, I would like to keep building them...
Most people know me for "The World Famous Barrelcuda", which was FJ6 and white, so this car is sort of a nod to that heyday...I plan on displaying this car as much as I can

...and second...when I was dating my wife 24 years ago, I picked her up in a 71 340 Duster painted GY3 Curious Yellow....she hated the colour...I remember her inviting he parents outside to see this classic car...and her Mom said, and I quote " that's a shitty colour"  :))

So when discussing this car....I mentioned GY3 and it was shot down pretty quick..... :'( :crying: :crying:  happy wife, happy life... :dunno:

....and plus, I've already had a GY3 71 convertible
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Cuda

And where is that car now? True six bbl, now?,  all your problems are over.
  I changed my thread successfully.  We'll have fun with that.

anlauto

I WISH...that car was a 318 Barracuda, and back in the early 90's it was one of the first "clone" cars the get recognized in the magazines and being restored more accurately then some original cars....articles can be read here: http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/ALAN-IN-PRINT.html

I sold in it on Feb 10th 1995 for $25,000 to a guy in Eastern Canada, then a while later he sold it to a guy in Western Canada...last I heard, it was re-restored, painted a brownish colour and had a 426 Hemi put in it....I haven't heard anything else about it for 20 years or so :dunno:

I sold it to buy a Superbird :stayinlane:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

YYZ

Quote from: anlauto on April 14, 2022, 07:15:33 PM
I picked her up in a 71 340 Duster painted GY3 Curious Yellow....she hated the colour...I remember her inviting he parents outside to see this classic car...and her Mom said, and I quote " that's a shitty colour"  :))

Good thing it wasn't EL5!  Was the Duster Twister before or after?

Brads70

Quote from: YYZ on April 15, 2022, 06:12:55 AM
I picked her up in a 71 340 Duster painted GY3 Curious Yellow....she hated the colour...I remember her inviting he parents outside to see this classic car...and her Mom said, and I quote " that's a shitty colour"  :))

:(' Butterscotch?  I love that colour! :drooling:  Curious Yellow GY3 not so much..... Then again I'm the odd man out as I'm not a big fan of plumb crazy either... unless it's dark/rich as there seem to be so many variants, most of them look washed out /faded to me?

anlauto

Quote from: YYZ on April 15, 2022, 06:12:55 AM

Yea I like Butterscotch too... The Duster Twister was about five years BEFORE I met my wife...

blown motor

Quote from: Brads70 on April 15, 2022, 09:04:43 AM

:(' Butterscotch?  I love that colour! :drooling: 

You mean like this?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Yes, that is EL5 Bahama Yellow or Butterscotch  :worship:

anlauto

Polish time...won't be long now... :banana: :banana:

Jocigar

Nice progress!  I'm jealous especially since I didn't get to work on my car all week and weekend  :tired: 

Did you paint the fender bolts separately so they match? you have chipping issues when installing?

3m ultrafina ? I use it on my daily cars, works great.

anlauto

If you notice how it's masked in the second picture....the engine compartment was painted first, then the fenders bolted on and masked and painted....with a solid colour, I guess you can paint the different areas separately  :dunno:

whitsend

anlauto

A slightly tweaked version of FJ6 Sassy Grass or Green Go ... a little more "pop" was added  :rubeyes:

whitsend

It definitely pops! Looks Great!

Marty