Main Menu

Before and After...........

Started by DAYLEY/CHALLENGER, April 08, 2018, 06:20:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Thanks guys for the comments. This just isn't for my progress, you guys can also,do some before and after.

71-440

Joe

PlumCrazyRTSE

It's a great looking Challenger for sure.  I really love the color combination you picked.

Hey, I was wondering if your challenger is an originally U-code car?  The reason I ask is because I once owned an R/T SE that looked very similar to the one you started with; burnt orange R/T SE with black vinyl top but mine was a N-code car.  I owned mine from around 1979 to 1993 and then sold it to some guy from Kentucky and never saw it again.  I realize the chance of it being the same car is almost zero but thought it was worth asking.

Cuda Cody

Inspiring!!   :wowzers:   :clapping: Nice job.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Quote from: PlumCrazyRTSE on April 08, 2018, 07:05:17 PM
It's a great looking Challenger for sure.  I really love the color combination you picked.

Hey, I was wondering if your challenger is an originally U-code car?  The reason I ask is because I once owned an R/T SE that looked very similar to the one you started with; burnt orange R/T SE with black vinyl top but mine was a N-code car.  I owned mine from around 1979 to 1993 and then sold it to some guy from Kentucky and never saw it again.  I realize the chance of it being the same car is almost zero but thought it was worth asking.

Yes it is an original U code. I do not have the original  engine but it is a 440.  There were 733 of these built with the 440, 727, and 8 3/4.  The original pic I have shows a white vinyl top. I will post,that tomorrow as most of the pics are on the desktop. I will also post most of the vin too.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

OK, I found a pic that the previous owner sent me......has a white top and white side stripe..do not know if that was orig. or not...... the Vin is JS29U0E1095XX.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

OK.  Adding a little more...........Polished all the trim while the car was away at paint..
Had to make a frame for the rear window since it was an SE...used corrugated plastic and foam.  I broke the windshield when removing so had to replace that........ordered thru Napa.....
The rear valance was a mess...........my guys did a good job on that....

Timbbuc2

Very good Job David, I like that color combo and the fact that you did it yourself. Hard to beat those Virginia boys. Inside joke. David and I worked at the same company back in the day.
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Hood decal of course..........went well I thought........soapy water, squeegee, effort.  The only thing, I started with the large part first and the water got the bottom wet and paper started to come apart some.....was able to get it all off and decal layed flat..

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Sem products.........good stuff.........original parts too........

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

OK.......I mentioned the butt stripe not being quite right.........so I made an adjustment, which is I know not factory......... but I like it........

xx88man

Great looking Chally....nice work!  :clapping:
Keep yer foot in it

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

When it comes to drilling holes in a perfectly good trunk lid..........  you want to make sure you measure 3 times, drill once..... it worked......bought the complete kit in order to make sure that I had no warping of the lid...........

Have been posting some of the newer mods....... will go back and post some of the really deep things soon.  Thanks for looking.......

303 Mopar

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on April 11, 2018, 03:17:05 PM
When it comes to drilling holes in a perfectly good trunk lid..........  you want to make sure you measure 3 times, drill once..... it worked......bought the complete kit in order to make sure that I had no warping of the lid...........

Have been posting some of the newer mods....... will go back and post some of the really deep things soon.  Thanks for looking.......

And that takes a lot of nerve to drill like that, good work!

anlauto

Quote from: 303 Mopar on April 12, 2018, 09:03:11 AM

And that takes a lot of nerve to drill like that, good work!

...even took his shoes off  :twothumbsup:

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration