Main Menu

Before and After...........

Started by DAYLEY/CHALLENGER, April 08, 2018, 06:20:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Quote from: anlauto on April 12, 2018, 09:33:18 AM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on April 12, 2018, 09:03:11 AM

And that takes a lot of nerve to drill like that, good work!

...even took his shoes off  :twothumbsup:

You have to be fully grounded to do,somethings! :). LOL

usraptor

Really nice job!   :twothumbsup:  I'm also doing most of my own work in my garage.  I also used the Sem black landau, etc on my interior pieces and was very happy with the results.  I hope to take mine to it's first show next month if I can finish up the final details before then. 

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Quote from: usraptor on April 13, 2018, 05:46:29 PM
Really nice job!   :twothumbsup:  I'm also doing most of my own work in my garage.  I also used the Sem black landau, etc on my interior pieces and was very happy with the results.  I hope to take mine to it's first show next month if I can finish up the final details before then.

Go ahead and go to the show......I put a paper in my window that she was a project still in process...   :wrenching:  .....the judges understand and you can enjoy the show.......

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Dash Cap.............didn't have the money to get the dash Pad.......so I am completely satisfied with the cap and how it fit and shows.........Year One parts at the time...........

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Carpet really makes you feel like you are making progress....................

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Someone mentioned holes before as they had replaced quarters....I suggested 2 holes but couldn't find evidence for my memory.......found it......

340challconvert

Really enjoying checking out your progress on the Challenger and can appreciate your efforts in working out of your garage. I remember seeing your pics on the CC website.

I am working on my A-66 Challenger vert, also in Y1 yellow in my garage so can really understand how it is to be doing your own work in your own garage.
Took your suggestion in a before / after shot: I also painted my engine compartment with the engine in the car. 
I keep plugging away!
You are doing a great job on your car! :perfect10:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Thanks 340..........., you will get there. Yes I worked on the car for about 4 years and the wife said, it had to be finished as I was using up her half of the garage most of the time.  You will notice some dates on a lot of the pics from 05 to 08 or so......I am just going back thru some of the pics I have and posting. Since I was originally on the CC.C site, we had a resto thread there and I had a lot of pics that went away....so I figured I would start posting some of the results here of the progress as it was.  Hopefully some of the mistakes I made won't be recreated by someone else.....!! :D

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

When I got the car, I got the set of Rally wheels with it.  They had the 73 centers and later I got a set of the 70 and changed.  But up until that time I had to get them looking a little better....Paint and polish......

usraptor

That was me who asked about the quarter window holes.  I did drill two holes so all is good.   Thanks for the picture anyway.    :twothumbsup:

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Just posting some pics of what I found when I started the deconstruction.   (got that from Overhauling)
And some parts that had to buy over time.........

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

usraptor

71-440

Joe

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Ok, if you notice some of the pics, they will have dates back in 2005,6,7 and some without. The pics span the time I got the car until recently.  So some are old , some newer.  I will post more of the deconstruction as time goes.  My car was done as a driver but some things turned out well.  Later, David. And thanks for the comments.