Main Menu

Brad's second '70 'Cuda and first and last restoration project

Started by usraptor, February 07, 2017, 05:17:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudakiller70

Sweet!   :wowzers: 70 Cuda, Black, 440 awesome car, about as good as it gets congrats :cheers:

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

usraptor

Thanks guys. Well 9 years of hard work is starting to pay off. Won the "Best of Show" at the Orem car show last night.

Cudakiller70

RUNCHARGER

Those awards don't come from nowhere with no effort applied. Good for you, well deserved.
Sheldon

70vcodecuda

Nice Brad :congrats: will you be going to the peachdays show?, I'm going to try and be there with the vcode would love to see your car :cheers:

usraptor

Thanks guys.  It's very much appreciated.  70Vcodecuda, I probably won't be able to make it.  With the 4.10 rear end Brigham City is a bit of a drive for me on the freeway.  For the immediate future I'm limiting myself to shows that I can drive to on surface streets.  Next year I'm hoping to install a more freeway friendly rear end.

usraptor

Haven't posted in a while.  This winter I decided to do what I should have done two years ago and I took my engine back to my engine builder and had him take the 512 stroker out of the OEM matching numbers block and install it in another 440 block that he had.  While we had it apart we added custom built "Diamond" dished pistons and a custom grind hydraulic roller camshaft.  The new block was line bored and decked and the rotating assembly re-balanced.  We reused the ProMaxx aluminum heads after a quick clean up valve job and added much stronger valve springs with 10 degree instead of 7 degree keepers.  Also added an aluminum timing belt cover and replaced the Summit dual timing chain which had really stretched significantly since we installed it two years ago.  I'll add the fuel pump, headers, new aluminum water pump and housing, motor mounts, flywheel, clutch, bellhousing and trans this week and then mount everything on the K-Frame.  Then Sat my son and I will reinstall the engine and trans back into the Cuda.  Considering how strong this engine was before, I can't wait to let this new one eat!!  :stayinlane:   :banana: 
I'll eventually rebuild the matching numbers block with its factory components and mount it on my engine stand.

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

usraptor

Don't know why the first two pics posted sideways?  :dunno:  They're straight in my file.  I even deleted and reloaded?  Never had this happen before.  Any ideas?  :huh:

usraptor

Attended the 32nd Utah Valley University annual car show yesterday. It's one of the tree biggest car shows held in Utah each year.  Unfortunately the threat of rain kept the attendance to about half of last years. I got lots and lots of compliments on the Cuda, especially on the quality of the paint job and body work which unfortunately I couldn't take any credit for since my best friend, Ron Dimmick, did the body work and Joey at US Street Rods, in Springville Utah, laid down the paint job. Anyway, instead of giving trophies, they give out really nice jackets with the UVU Car show logo on the back for the awards in different categories. I won a Jacket for: wait for it; Not best Mopar; Not best Paint; Not best Restoration; but for "Best Street Rod." ???? I'm still trying to figure that one out. I think that somebody may have gotten the awards mixed up.  ::) :dunno:  Oh well, I got a really nice jacket.  BTW, the new engine runs like a scalded ape!  :stayinlane:

usraptor

Finally got around to having the electric cutouts I got for Christmas installed and wired.  These are going to be fun at car shows and cruise nights.  :banana: :stayinlane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCmopKmupqI&feature=youtu.be

nsmall

Roll in and rev it up.  I would give you a nice smile and thumbs up.  In CA these wack jobs would fine you.  Nice video.

Still more into this one you posted....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20e9BYGqry8

Wayne

That sounds great!  Yes, you will have fun with that for sure :banana:
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A