Main Menu

Brad's second '70 'Cuda and first and last restoration project

Started by usraptor, February 07, 2017, 05:17:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Katfish

Just ran across this thread and skimmed though.
Congrats on a tremendous job, I admire the perseverance and dedication to detail.
Hope the smile on your face is as big as I'd imagine it would be driving such a beautiful car.

nsmall

Im so happy for you.  I bet you were all smiles on the way to the show, at the show, on the drive home.   :bradsthumb:

RUNCHARGER

Black is hard to photograph but it sure looks stunning in the car show photos.
Sheldon

usraptor

My 21 and 16 year old granddaughters are visiting and wanted to go for a ride in the 'Cuda before they fly home to So. Calif tomorrow.  This is a video my granddaughter took from the back seat of me, somewhat mildly, going through the gears.   :stayinlane:

https://youtu.be/20e9BYGqry8

JS29

Rumple

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

JS29

Quote from: YellowThumper on June 09, 2018, 11:13:31 AM
Very cool. Nothing like rowing the gears!
That's for sure,that is my favorite thing to do!!! :stayinlane:   

nsmall

Watched the video 4 times.  You can hear a joyful chuckle after 2nd gear.  Good job grandpa.  Now next time find a vacant lot and terrify the kiddos.

usraptor

Took the 'Cuda to it's second car show today in Santiquin, Utah and won the "Sponsor's Favorite Car" award.  Received numerous compliments from the crowd on the restoration and paint.  One of everybody's favorite things about the car wasn't the Shaker hood, but was the AM 8-Track radio and the box of 8-track tapes I had open on the passenger floorboard.  A lot of Dad's got a kick out of showing their kids what an 8-track tape was and what they used to listen to.

nsmall

Congratulations and keep enjoying the shows.  Im sure you have a lot of pride in your ride as you did so much of the work. :bradsthumb:

ledphoot