Main Menu

Deadline to 2024. The 73 Cuda will be done.

Started by Swamp Donkey, December 19, 2017, 08:51:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Swamp Donkey

Quote from: Rich G. on December 20, 2017, 07:18:03 PM
If that's your dream car, go for it. Life is short, enjoy it. Bag and tag everything you take off and don't throw anything out until you drive it away. Taking it all apart and blasting it will show you whats hiding under the paint. Wasn't much left to my car when I did that but you really need to know. PS if you want to sell that air cleaner let me know. Good luck

You somehow pay shipping and you can have the air cleaner.  Merry Christmas. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

nsmall

Swamp Donkeys giving OEM parts away.  No turning back to stock now.  Having a car for 25 years, I'm sure you will make it something special, you've had time to dream and envision the final product. :bigthumb:

Swamp Donkey

Yeah, I got a bit of a chuckle out of that.  But when I think about it, I know deep down in my heart I will never do anything with it, besides throw it in my seacan and never look at it again.  If @Rich G.  can use it, he can have it. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

Giving away a $200 air cleaner is very generous   :worship: :drinkingbud:....

However you might want to sell off the sought after original parts and put the money into the slush fund because the car you're going to build is going to get expensive fast. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Swamp Donkey

Well, I made my first major purchase for the car.  Did some research and found out that a 6.4 hemi from a truck would be a great starting point for my 3rd Gen hemi in the Cuda.  I will update this thread in case others are curious about doing the same sort of idea.  The guy advising me, said that the only thing I will be using probably off this truck engine is the block, crankshaft, heads, and a few other odds and ends.  The heads he said after CNC porting will easily flow enough to support my 800 hp target.  I will post up some pics in the next few days. I'm pretty stoked to get this engine.  Even though it may just sit in my shop for awhile. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

ZEN357

Swamp Donkey

Hopefully this is enough proof.  Motor with my Cuda in the background.  And trust me I don't have that kind of photoshop skills.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

RUNCHARGER

I love your shop. Is a blower in the plans?
Sheldon

Swamp Donkey

Thanks for the compliments on the shop.  I try my best to keep it clean and the floor free from scratches.  Anyways a whipple supercharger is on my list of items to buy.  The guy who I bought thr 6.4 from was trying to give me the truck intake, air filter assembly etc. He could not even begin to understand why I did not want or take any of those extras.  Lol.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

Yea...some guys are really spoiled when it comes to home shops  :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

Quote from: ZEN357 on April 10, 2018, 04:42:26 AM
I will believe it when I see it.

Don't mind him!  There is one in every bunch.

Sounds like a cool build.

Hey if you want give any more parts away, I'll take the 340 off your hands!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Just kidding,  good on you for offer up parts to help some one else!

JAson

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Swamp Donkey

When I first saw this post, I first  thought I have finally become famous because I have my 1st hater on a forum.  Then I thought  maybe he just wants to see the motor which I just posted a picture of.  Then my mind went to maybe he doesn't believe that I will keep updating.  Or could it be he doesn't think I will finish the car by 2024!  So many questions with one small statement!  Haha.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

xx88man

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on April 10, 2018, 01:41:04 PM

When I first saw this post, I first  thought I have finally become famous because I have my 1st hater on a forum.  Then I thought  maybe he just wants to see the motor which I just posted a picture of.  Then my mind went to maybe he doesn't believe that I will keep updating.  Or could it be he doesn't think I will finish the car by 2024!  So many questions with one small statement!  Haha.

Ya...who knows WHAT he's thinking! Wishing you the best of luck on your build...might be 2024 by the time mine is done too!
Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

You guys are doing well: Right now it feels like it will be 2024 until I find a good Challenger to build but I know that can change overnight.
Sheldon

xx88man

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 10, 2018, 07:20:00 PM
You guys are doing well: Right now it feels like it will be 2024 until I find a good Challenger to build but I know that can change overnight.

It can FEEL like forever when looking for the right car.    :headbang:
Keep yer foot in it