Main Menu

Moparty 2024

Started by 69BFan, March 02, 2024, 08:43:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

69BFan

After months of rumors and speculation, the Beech Bend Moparty will again go on as the announcement was made on Friday afternoon.  The dates will be the same weekend as in the past, which will fall on September 13th through the 15th for this year.

The show has grown each and every year and offers one of the most diverse shows in the country.  I have linked the event site information so that you can see what all that is available to do on that weekend.  In the previous years, the weather is great other than some rain issues. 

The swap meet is being moved just to the West of the location in which it was staged in 2022 and 2023.  This will allow more room for the show cars as they ran out of space in 2023.  This will be a win-win for everyone.

For those who have never been, check out the previous year's reviews as it draws favorable responses.  Also, it allows those who are in the area a larger event who cannot make the drive to Carlisle.  Bowling Green is a decent size town, but still a limited number of hotels and lodging.  There is a large campground on site for those with motor homes.

Hope that we can see a good turnout for the event, once again.

https://moparty.com/
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

JH27N0B

That's a relief, Holley left Moparty up in the air after confirming LS Fest and Ford Fest early on. Rumor was that their employees were burnt out working 3 shows in row in September.
I'm thinking of hauling my Magnum GT down this time, I have been to Moparty every year and I haven't seen a Magnum there yet. 
Thanks for the update!

69BFan

For those who are planning on attending the Holley Moparty Event in Bowling Green, KY., the preregistration opens up on Monday morning, April 15th at 9:00 AM CST.  This is very important for those who will be attending as a swap meet vendor.  Spaces will be allocated as you will select your desired spaces from the online site.  Since the swap meet is being moved to a location different than the previous years, you will need to view the map to select your desired spot.  For 2025, you will be a able to renew your spaces so as to keep them or to select a different spot for those who will be registered for the 2024 show.

https://www.moparty.com/
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

JH27N0B

Oddly I got an email today confirming and thanking me for registering my Challenger.
For Moparty 2023?!
I am planning to go again this year, but haven't tried to register yet, and it sounds like I couldn't until tomorrow anyway.
Plus I want to take the Magnum this time not a Challenger.
Maybe I should check my credit card account to see if they charged me again for last years registration?

captcolour

Quote from: 69BFan on April 14, 2024, 06:43:55 PMFor those who are planning on attending the Holley Moparty Event in Bowling Green, KY., the preregistration opens up on Monday morning, April 15th at 9:00 AM CST.  This is very important for those who will be attending as a swap meet vendor.  Spaces will be allocated as you will select your desired spaces from the online site.  Since the swap meet is being moved to a location different than the previous years, you will need to view the map to select your desired spot.  For 2025, you will be a able to renew your spaces so as to keep them or to select a different spot for those who will be registered for the 2024 show.

https://www.moparty.com/

Any particular swap meet row better than others?  Are the show cars on the left side of the map making row F perhaps desirable?  Thanks.

PLUM72

Glad to hear this is happening.  Holley seems to be discontinuing a lot of their Gen3 hemi swap parts.  Thought that they are they losing interest in supporting the Mopar community.
-Dave
'72 Challenger
'13 Challenger

fc7cuda

Hey @69BFan
If we get a vendor spot, can we also walk over and spectate the cars or do we have to get a spectator ticket for that?

69BFan

@captcolour, in regards to your question in regards to what would be the better spots, if you look at the map of the swap meet spaces, there is a chain link fence that separates the two fields that will be behind the "island" that Stephens Performance will be located.  There is a road that leads into this field.  That is where the swap meet was located in 2022 and 2023.  This will now be one of the show car fields.  The field that runs parallel to the row F in the swap meet will be spectator parking.  If you should have not registered yet for a swap meet spot, I believe that all of the spaces in say rows A and B from spaces 1 through the mid 20s are sold.  There are spots open in the other rows, you can just drill down on the site and see what is available.  Personally, I feel that the spots closer to the main drive aisle are flatter and will give you more potential foot traffic.  This would be the lower numbers as in spot C2, D2, E3 or F3.  As the number increases as in say F40, you are further from the main drive aisle/walk path that the spectators will be using to access the swap meet leading into the show car area.  If you were to select spot E3 and F3, you would have the two end cap spots and would be the first vendors that the spectators would be seeing once entering the event.  If you were in say spot A17, that would be the first spot that those entering from the show car field would see.  Hope that this makes sense.  For the most part, the venue is all on a rolling hillside and there is very little flat areas if you should be looking at say getting multiple spots.  It is not huge like Carlisle and more comparative to Columbus in size.  So for those spectators who come looking for parts, it is not like they want see you due to the show being so large and spaces becoming difficult to follow.

@fc7cuda, your wristband for the swap meet will get you anywhere on the venue for the Moparty event.  This means that you can walk over to the drag racing staging lanes or go up into the bleachers, you can sit in the bleachers or walk over into the autocross venue, then there is the manufacturer midway which rolls down through the drag racers and back behind the circle track.  Then there is the show car fields which are spread about between the circle track and the amusement park.  Not sure if they are having the four wheel drive field this year, but it was located in the field parallel to the main entrance into the park.

Hope that this might answer some of your questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Richard

captcolour

Quote from: 69BFan on April 15, 2024, 07:51:03 PM@captcolour, in regards to your question in regards to what would be the better spots, if you look at the map of the swap meet spaces, there is a chain link fence that separates the two fields that will be behind the "island" that Stephens Performance will be located.  There is a road that leads into this field.  That is where the swap meet was located in 2022 and 2023.  This will now be one of the show car fields.  The field that runs parallel to the row F in the swap meet will be spectator parking.  If you should have not registered yet for a swap meet spot, I believe that all of the spaces in say rows A and B from spaces 1 through the mid 20s are sold.  There are spots open in the other rows, you can just drill down on the site and see what is available.  Personally, I feel that the spots closer to the main drive aisle are flatter and will give you more potential foot traffic.  This would be the lower numbers as in spot C2, D2, E3 or F3.  As the number increases as in say F40, you are further from the main drive aisle/walk path that the spectators will be using to access the swap meet leading into the show car area.  If you were to select spot E3 and F3, you would have the two end cap spots and would be the first vendors that the spectators would be seeing once entering the event.  If you were in say spot A17, that would be the first spot that those entering from the show car field would see.  Hope that this makes sense.  For the most part, the venue is all on a rolling hillside and there is very little flat areas if you should be looking at say getting multiple spots.  It is not huge like Carlisle and more comparative to Columbus in size.  So for those spectators who come looking for parts, it is not like they want see you due to the show being so large and spaces becoming difficult to follow.

@fc7cuda, your wristband for the swap meet will get you anywhere on the venue for the Moparty event.  This means that you can walk over to the drag racing staging lanes or go up into the bleachers, you can sit in the bleachers or walk over into the autocross venue, then there is the manufacturer midway which rolls down through the drag racers and back behind the circle track.  Then there is the show car fields which are spread about between the circle track and the amusement park.  Not sure if they are having the four wheel drive field this year, but it was located in the field parallel to the main entrance into the park.

Hope that this might answer some of your questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Richard

Based on a drone video from Moparty 2023 (I know the layout is different), chose swap meet spaces A41, A42, and A43. Hopefully we made a good choice.

69BFan

@captcolour, I believe that you will have a slight incline on those spots, but the good thing is that you will be very near one of the gates that will allow spectators to walk from the show field into the swap meet or vice versa.  If you were there last year, slightly across from the spots A43 and B43 was where the scooter rental trailer was staged.  You will be fine.

captcolour

Quote from: 69BFan on April 17, 2024, 06:03:54 PM@captcolour, I believe that you will have a slight incline on those spots, but the good thing is that you will be very near one of the gates that will allow spectators to walk from the show field into the swap meet or vice versa.  If you were there last year, slightly across from the spots A43 and B43 was where the scooter rental trailer was staged.  You will be fine.

This will be the first time I have attended.  The weekend is usually the same weekend that I have an out-of-town conference to attend.  They don't overlap this year.  I'm in Verona, KY about 3 hrs north.  My buddy and I do Carlisle every year.