Main Menu

Deadline to 2024. The 73 Cuda will be done.

Started by Swamp Donkey, December 19, 2017, 08:51:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

That's not unreasonable, although shipping from Alberta to here may be more $$$ Do you know if the "snout" of the center section has the mounting bosses for the factory pinion snubber, or is it just smooth....
Sorry for all the questions... ;)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Swamp Donkey

No pinion snubber area on my particular Dana 60 housing.  I wonder what issues that's going to cause. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Swamp Donkey

My very first Amazon purchase for my car.  Yukon Dana 60 diff cover.  216 Canadian with free shipping!  First time I did not get murdered with shipping, duty, exchange, brokerage fees etc. haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

Got some more bits and pieces in.  Bunch of QA1 stuff like shocks,  k-member, strut bars, lower control arms, an e-stop, and some Hotchkis upper control arms.  Lots of parts packed into my wife's CRV!
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

Parts in the back are worth more then the whole CRV :haha: :haha:

Swamp Donkey

I've been busy working on my car.  Bodywork is almost done.  USCARTOOLS stage 2 kit is in.  Mocking up the motor.  Moved the vintage air like the guru Alan G!  Have tons of parts ready to go and start assembling.  Built a temporary paint booth.  Tons of stuff going on.  I should be updating more on here.  But I have been led astray by documenting everything on Instagram. Haha
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

nsmall

Been waiting for this build.  You are getting down and not screwing around.  Love it.

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Swamp Donkey

Por 15 inside the cowl.  Spent like 3 hrs getting every crook and cranny I could reach and contort my hands into.  This stuff does not come off!  I don't think my wrist will rust anytime soon. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

dodj

yup...sandpaper will get it off. That's what I did....but I wasn't as sloppy as you....... :rofl:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Swamp Donkey

dodj, I really did try and stay clean.  But I cut pretty much the whole handle off a 1" wide paintbrush.  That way it was short enough to get everywhere.  But yeah, I guess I'm a little messy. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

Drilled and tapped and have some bolts cut off to be tack welded in permanently for the E-Stopp.  I'll have to remember to put my torsion bar in first! Stuck to the USCartools subframe connector. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Swamp Donkey

Got some color laid down on the Cuda.  Endura on the underside, engine compartment, wheel wells, cab of car, inside of trunk etc. Base/clear coat for the rest of the car.  This color looks amazing 🤩 in the natural sunlight.  At least to me!   I just realized that I only have video of the color of my car.  I'll post some pictures of the color tomorrow.  The iPhone pictures don't really do it justice anyway. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.