Main Menu

Dynacorn 6000wt project

Started by Jay Bee, January 30, 2021, 09:11:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

xx88man

Sorry for my ignorance but would this piece fit a challenger as well? Any chance they build them for second gen Chargers?   :vipermanhiding:
Keep yer foot in it

70rag383

The Dynacorn rear section will only fit Challengers.  It is a nice piece and saves a lot of time and effort if the back half of the car is in bad shape.

gzig5

Quote from: 70rag383 on February 01, 2021, 08:28:18 AM
The Dynacorn rear section will only fit Challengers.  It is a nice piece and saves a lot of time and effort if the back half of the car is in bad shape.

That's interesting because it fits like a glove in my 73 Cuda.  They may only list it for the 70 Challenger but it is a universal part as far as I know. The trunk pan part is made to support either the Cuda or Challenger fuel inlet.

anlauto

Only the fuel filler hole would have to be switched, everything else is the same :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

...and the shock access hole is different for 1970 cars so they left those uncut.

Jay Bee

They decided to start with the footwells

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on February 01, 2021, 08:43:55 AM

Only the fuel filler hole would have to be switched, everything else is the same :alan2cents:
Where does the Challenger's extra 2" show up?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Jay Bee

Quote from: dodj on February 02, 2021, 11:32:47 AM
Where does the Challenger's extra 2" show up?

I was on AMD's website and they have different part numbers for Barracuda vs Challenger rear footwells so I image that's where it is. This picture was sent to me yesterday. I was told I'll get before & after pictures of every step of the way on a thumb drive when it's done. Progress pictures will be sporadic if he gets around to it and since I'm not visiting there too often to take my own.

anlauto

Yup..extra 2" in the rear foot wells :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Skdmark

Yep.

I never thought about it much until I picked up my Barracuda last year. My kids started to gripe on how the Barracuda had less foot room compared to my Challenger. Then the light bulb when on.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Jay Bee

Got some pics sent to my phone

Jay Bee

Both wheel wells had pieces & pieces pop riveted in there then covered up with tar to hide the hack job
Here's some discoveries from the left side

Skdmark

Looks like they are making good progress on getting rid of the hidden horrors.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Gotta love that can of worms.... :bigthumb:

RUNCHARGER

You're going to feel so much better driving that car knowing how much better it is going to be.
Sheldon