Main Menu

Making Progress

Started by StanP, December 12, 2020, 12:37:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

StanP

Finally got the Shaker hood, new fenders, gills, and hood pins installed along with black epoxy sprayed on the entire car. Next step is to fill that hole in the hood from underneath with a 6.4l Hemi.....  More to come.

jimynick

Man, that car looks awesome and it should be even more so with that Gen3 hemi in it. Keep an eye out for the black epoxy though. I did that to my Challenger just to get it all one colour and 3 years later I noticed it's stability and adhesion wasn't what I wanted, and ended up stripping the whole GD car again, to get rid of it. You may have better luck or product, but I just thought I'd mention it. Again, great looking car!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Swamp Donkey

Looking fantastic.  I'm also very interested in your 3rd Gen Hemi install.  Lots of people breaking trail and sharing their findings to help others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Cuda Cody

StanP

Thanks for the recommendation. The current epoxy is only a temporary application but considering having a black 'matte' finish although the original paint was 'Formal Black'. Not sure how a Black matte finish would look with a white vinyl roof (original option for the car).

StanP

Thanks....  I'll be sure to continue to post the progress and findings.