Main Menu

Making progress on the ‘73 Cuda

Started by ledphoot, October 05, 2021, 10:54:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

First and foremost shoutout to Randy "1 Wild R/T"... he has been an amazing helpful resource and just in general a super nice guy. He pointed me at the alignment shop I took my Cuda to today. It had to be towed there and back but I did get to drive the car a little bit today, the first time in 30 years. Wow is all I can say. There is still a lot to do but to get in and start the car and drive it under its own power was an amazing feeling. This is thanks in no small part to this online community, people like Randy and my good friend Craig helping me pull this car back together. It's been an amazing journey.

Next week I get the exhaust dialed in and I will be driving it home from the exhaust shop.

Jocigar

I can imagine your excitement, I haven't been behind the wheel of a cuda since HS but I held on to them for 30 years.

Must feel amazing as you reach this stage of progress and it comes together  :congrats:  :burnout:

I agree, the generous guidance from people on this forum is priceless.

DeathProofCuda

:cooldance:  :drinkingbud: Congrats!  Looking forward to some more pics.

ledphoot

Yeah it feels great to have hit this milestone. The car will have plates / tags on it by next week. The heavy lifting is done and now it's all the little big things :) Interior, glass, trim.... Roseville Moparts is going to like me :)

LoL

Mr Lee

Beautiful car! ... and welcome to the club.  I drove my car for the very first time last year after a 29 year resto'. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

73_Cuda_4_Me

Congrats on making a major milestone! Beautiful car! Love round tail lights!!!

Great bunch of people here, for sure! We all love to see progress on anyone that's restoring the cars we fell in love with long ago!

:grouphug:   :wrenching:   :stayinlane:  :perfect10:  :burnout:  :burnout:  :burnout:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

ledphoot

I got all of the lights and windshield wipers working yesterday. The reproduction wiring harness made that not too terrible a job.