Main Menu

My 73 Cuda BS23 4spd. car journey back.

Started by LinceCuda, June 26, 2017, 06:09:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

LinceCuda

I'm starting the bodywork phase now that the engine and drivetrain are finished so into the garage I went today. I started with removing the window moldings, channels, front windshied, back glass, and interior headliner trim so I could remove the vinyl top. This Cuda was purchased and spent it's entire life in CT. (scary) but the last 30 years in a garage with a blown motor and broke rearend. There was some bubbling in the corners under the vinyl so I expected the worse, but to my surprise there was no rot at all. I have some pitting and surface rust to deal with but I'll take that much much easier to deal with. So needless to say I am very happy. :)

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

LinceCuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 03, 2018, 06:12:12 PM
That car is really clean.

And the other rust that I know of is pretty straight forward so i'm feeling pretty good about this project. 8)

cudamadd

Looks good much better then most vinyl top cars .  Are you going to put the vinyl top back on ?  :australia:

LinceCuda

Quote from: cudamadd on June 03, 2018, 06:44:59 PM
Looks good much better then most vinyl top cars .  Are you going to put the vinyl top back on ?  :australia:

No, for a few reasons I do like the hardtop look and it was a 318 Cuda that had a 71 340 installed. So it's a non numbers and nothing special to it car except it is a Cuda. So I'm just going to make it like I want which is a day 2 style restoration that looks like the cars we drove back in high school in the 70's.

nsmall

Vinyl top, CT, dang, you got lucky.  That car looks less rusty than my CA 73 Cuda.  Are you going to have it media blasted?