Main Menu

My 73 Cuda BS23 4spd. car journey back.

Started by LinceCuda, June 26, 2017, 06:09:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

That's a deal, the going rate for used seems to be $125 a set around here.
Sheldon

LinceCuda

Well the trans checked out good so I got away with just needing gaskets, seals, and a new trans mount bushing. I then stripped the paint squirted on primer and paint. I didn't get an original bell housing with my Cuda but can look for one later. So I refurbished the scatter shield that was on it when I bought the car and painted it Chrysler corporate blue.  I disassembled the shifter mechanism and cleaned and greased everything and put it back together but did have to  make one shim. I'm not really going in the right order for a restoration but with life and family getting in the way lol I pic things that I can start and finish. To many times I see people take on the big area's and get overwhelmed and give up because they think they'll never get done with anything. Next week it's engine assembly so anyway here are some pics.  :wrenching:

Roadman

Awesome job on the shifter.   :perfect10:

usraptor

Funny, I've got almost the identical picture of my shifter torn apart before I cleaned and reassembled it.  Don't know if you're interested, but I have a set of the transmission No. stamps that I no longer have a use for.  If you're interested PM me and I'll make you a good deal on them. 

RUNCHARGER

That looks great. These are terrific jobs to get out of the way.
Sheldon

LinceCuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 06, 2018, 05:12:28 PM
That looks great. These are terrific jobs to get out of the way.
Yes sir they are
Quote from: 73440 on January 06, 2018, 04:52:20 PM
Aint it nice when it shifts nice.
Smooth action for sure, it's lots better now.
Quote from: usraptor on January 06, 2018, 03:54:58 PM
Funny, I've got almost the identical picture of my shifter torn apart before I cleaned and reassembled it.  Don't know if you're interested, but I have a set of the transmission No. stamps that I no longer have a use for.  If you're interested PM me and I'll make you a good deal on them. 
I see you flipped them over as you pulled them out also lol. as I did. As far as the numbers I'd take you up on that if this was a numbers matching car but it isn't. 73 Cuda 71 engine so that's why I'm just going old school fun driver with it something like my Ebodies in high school back in the 70's. But thanks for the offer.
Quote from: Roadman on January 06, 2018, 03:48:51 PM
Thank you
Quote from: MoparCar on January 05, 2018, 04:51:48 AM
Nice work! This will be a great build. What compression ratio did you decide on with your new forged pistons?
Wes
They will be 10.3-10.5 with the J-heads and the work that's being done on them. That is around stock ratio for a 71 340 engine if memory serves me right.  :burnout:

LinceCuda

Chryco Psycho

Step by step , 1 piece at a time & it will come together  :clapping:
Great job on restoring the trans & shifter , the blastsheild might save your feet one day , never a bad thing ! :bigthumb:

LinceCuda

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 06, 2018, 05:55:59 PM
Step by step , 1 piece at a time & it will come together  :clapping:
Great job on restoring the trans & shifter , the blastsheild might save your feet one day , never a bad thing ! :bigthumb:
Thanks and yup a little and a little there is what it takes for sure.

LinceCuda

Had my rotating system parts balanced and picked them up a couple of weeks ago. So this past weekend I went ahead and assembled the long block. It's just one more step in the restoration journey I can check off.

LinceCuda

Thought I'd post some pics of my engine finished ii up last week. I'm doing a day 2 restoration but also cleaning up original parts and buying missing correct parts putting away for the future. Picked up some stainless steel headers, Direct Connection valve covers, and I had the breather and put the decal on it.  I also found a correct 4972 Carter carb for my 71 340 I haven't rebuilt it yet but suck it on anyway. So I have rebuilt the engine, trans, and rearend finished. So now the dreaded body work begins this weekend.

RUNCHARGER

That looks good. Yes, bodywork is a time sponge.
Sheldon

ledphoot

Looks like you are off to a GREAT start. Gonna be watching this one.

7212Mopar

Are those headers that goes under the steering linkage? Better be careful with speed bumps or steep driveway.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket