Main Menu

Off to the metal shop...PICTURE UPDATE

Started by anlauto, November 22, 2017, 12:21:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Finally my metal guy Keith Sim has finally got his new shop up and running after a big move this Summer....

No better way to christen it then with a rusty convertible Mopar !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Cuda Cody

:lookatthat:  Looking forward to seeing more of his work!   :popcorn:

anlauto

Quote from: Cudajason on November 22, 2017, 12:28:51 PM
Nice!  Did he downsize???

No the shop is actually bigger. He owned an industrial unit with condo fees etc here in Gerogetown...sold that and his house and moved out to Gorrie ON and bought a house with a shop on the property :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cudajason

Quote from: anlauto on November 22, 2017, 12:32:29 PM

No the shop is actually bigger. He owned an industrial unit with condo fees etc here in Gerogetown...sold that and his house and moved out to Gorrie ON and bought a house with a shop on the property :clapping:

Wow that is a hell of a move....yes I had to google Gorrie!  Sounds like a dream set up though!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

RUNCHARGER

Yup: I always thought I would do that too, never happened though.
Sheldon

Brads70

Those quarter panel repairs are a " work of art"  :rofl:

dodj

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 22, 2017, 12:30:13 PM
Looks like you will see a lot of his work to get those quarter panels looking good again.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: Cudajason on November 22, 2017, 01:10:29 PM
Quote from: anlauto on November 22, 2017, 12:32:29 PM

Wow that is a hell of a move....yes I had to google Gorrie!  Sounds like a dream set up though!

Put it this way.....He bought an acre of land, real nice bungalow home with a nice shop in Gorrie, for the exact same price he sold his 900 sq/ft  industrial unit for in Georgetown. $350K. :o Then whatever he sold his G-town home for, is just money in the bank :bigmoney:

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on November 22, 2017, 05:46:48 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 22, 2017, 12:30:13 PM
Looks like you will see a lot of his work to get those quarter panels looking good again.

Think we might just replace the quarters... :thinking:

Spikedog08

I assume the details on this car are somewhere ... but might as well share them here . . . . Color, Engine, details? 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

Quote from: Spikedog08 on November 22, 2017, 08:00:31 PM
I assume the details on this car are somewhere ... but might as well share them here . . . . Color, Engine, details?

Car is an original 318 3spd Barracuda. Originally purple, with white interior.
It's being restored back to stock appearing except a 340 4spd.
You can follow along here http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/FC7RAG.html

The owner is a member here. :drinkingbud:

larry4406

When it comes time to do the quarters, please include details on how you modify the hardtop quarters to fit.

340challconvert

Allan, always enjoy checking out your restoration process on your web site!
:wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

anlauto

Quote from: larry4406 on November 23, 2017, 05:24:58 AM
When it comes time to do the quarters, please include details on how you modify the hardtop quarters to fit.

He just cuts the top off and puts in a step flange....Here's Challenger ones he did last year.....Cuda one are easier...