Main Menu

Metal question

Started by blown motor, January 11, 2022, 06:31:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

I bought the parts manual rack pictured below and as you can see the two pins that hold the book are broke off on the one section. How can I reattach those without welding? I don't want to burn up the paint. I wondered about using a dremel to carve a groove where the pin goes and then using JB weld but I don't know how strong that will be. Looking for options.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

340Challman

If you don't want to weld weld, JB weld all the way baby. You apply enough, it is amazing how strong it is.
Kevin

jimynick

I'll bet I know a guy with a spot welder............. :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

Does he live in Cambridge?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

JB weld! Unless you know the guy in Cambridge with the spot welder and want to go for a drive.

I used JB weld years ago to put a bumper bolt into and old bumper I had laying around, just trying something out.  I have hit it with a hammer and it wont budge.  stuff is pretty strong.

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

jimynick

Pretty much everything that you use to re-attach it will leave a mark; JB weld, panel bond, welding, etc. etc. Take it to CTC, pick a paint that's close, if not dead nuts on, and bring it over to the house where we'll weld the SOB back on and then paint it. The usual fee is 2 tallboys, partner.  :drinkingbud:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

YellowThumper

Drill and tap the end of hook and bolt thru the panel.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.