Previous topic Next topic

Morty426

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 06, 2018, 05:47:32 PM
Quote from: Morty426 on June 06, 2018, 05:45:04 PM
Quote from: GY3R/T on June 06, 2018, 09:25:56 AM
   I don't why my post didn't seperate from Morty426.  :notsure:
My responce starts with 'There was another reason....."

I could read and felt this is where you were going anyway

A friend of mine once owned a TX9 70 Hemi GTX.  Original motor.  When we pulled the motor to have the car restored it turned out the passenger head was dated 66, the drivers 69. 

Marlin? Or the man before Marlin?   

So at sometime in it's life it looked like one head failed and was replaced.  The look of the motor lead us to believe it was replaced rather than built that way.

Bill Jurevich of Hollister CA was the guy that bought it from the original owner and had it restored by my brother.  I am not sure who he sold it to but I think that person sold it to Marlin. 

Funny side note.  At the time 4 of the 43 70 Hemi GTX 4 speeds were in Nor Cal - Bill's TX9, My FK5 and two FC7s down in Vacaville. 

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Morty426 on June 06, 2018, 07:03:18 PM
Bill Jurevich of Hollister CA was the guy that bought it from the original owner and had it restored by my brother.  I am not sure who he sold it to but I think that person sold it to Marlin. 

Funny side note.  At the time 4 of the 43 70 Hemi GTX 4 speeds were in Nor Cal - Bill's TX9, My FK5 and two FC7s down in Vacaville.

Bill Jurevich.... There's a name I haven't heard in awhile.... Didn't  realize he owned the GTX, but he did own quite a few TX9 cars so I guess I should have made the connection....  Beautiful Resto on the GTX...   I know Bill had a number of cars stored in box cars on his property... I heard he had some cars damaged from the Loma Prieta quake..  Don't recall hearing much from him after that, I think he moved up north....

I think I've seen one of the FC7 cars years ago...

GY3R/T

Quote from: GY3R/T on June 05, 2018, 07:59:05 PM
Does anyone have a pic of J head with a 69 cast date ?
Anybody ?  :notsure:

Morty426

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 06, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Bill Jurevich.... There's a name I haven't heard in awhile.... Didn't  realize he owned the GTX, but he did own quite a few TX9 cars so I guess I should have made the connection....  Beautiful Resto on the GTX...   I know Bill had a number of cars stored in box cars on his property... I heard he had some cars damaged from the Loma Prieta quake..  Don't recall hearing much from him after that, I think he moved up north....

Bill J was my Dealer back in the day.  He would call me and my brother almost every month with a car, my 70 Superbee Coupe V code came from Bill.  He had many cars on his property, stored in shipping containers, owned by himself, his dad and a friend of his.  The list of cars would make everyone cry so I want list it.  Eventually Bill got a visit from the DMV and CHP accusing him of being a dealer without a license.  That and the changing market forced him out.  At the end he asked me to buy up the last remaining parts he had.  I think he is still there and occasionally he posts a car For Sale.

One of the FC7 cars was in Vacaville whole.  I think it was with white interior and power windows.  Nice car.  The other had the motor out of it and is still in Vacaville.  The motor goes up For Sale on eBay at a crazy price all the time.  I had a chance to buy the body many years ago but it just wasn't in the cards at the time. 

GY3R/T

Quote from: Morty426 on June 06, 2018, 10:35:46 PM

Bill J was my Dealer back in the day.  He would call me and my brother almost every month with a car, my 70 Superbee Coupe V code came from Bill.  He had many cars on his property, stored in shipping containers, owned by himself, his dad and a friend of his.  The list of cars would make everyone cry so I want list it.  Eventually Bill got a visit from the DMV and CHP accusing him of being a dealer without a license.  That and the changing market forced him out.  At the end he asked me to buy up the last remaining parts he had.  I think he is still there and occasionally he posts a car For Sale.

One of the FC7 cars was in Vacaville whole.  I think it was with white interior and power windows.  Nice car.  The other had the motor out of it and is still in Vacaville.  The motor goes up For Sale on eBay at a crazy price all the time.  I had a chance to buy the body many years ago but it just wasn't in the cards at the time.
Jeeez... How did you guys get to this place. Talking about your experience with a GTX. Has nothing to do about this thread. WSS340 is Looking for orignial Challenger parts for his WSS Challenger. AND any History or info about his car. If you want to talk about the GTX, maybe PM each other, or start a new thread.

Morty426

Quote from: GY3R/T on June 06, 2018, 11:24:53 PM

Jeeez... How did you guys get to this place. Talking about your experience with a GTX. Has nothing to do about this thread. WSS340 is Looking for orignial Challenger parts for his WSS Challenger. AND any History or info about his car. If you want to talk about the GTX, maybe PM each other, or start a new thread.

Yes your highness!

WSS - let me know what you need and I can help you source it.  I have 7 challengers and parted out plenty of them. 

1 Wild R/T

Sez the guy who's taken the thread on a tangent about 69 date coded J heads.......    Discussions happen, sometimes they go on a little detour.... Enjoy the ride...

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Just read thru this thread.......getting towards a soap opera with many story lines........but all in all, plenty of information flowing and now getting back to the main story......interesting............the ride is exciting........ :burnout:

By the way, interesting WSS.....good luck...... :wrenching:

GY3R/T

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 07, 2018, 07:51:44 AM

Sez the guy who's taken the thread on a tangent about 69 date coded J heads.......    Discussions happen, sometimes they go on a little detour.... Enjoy the ride...
This Thread is about a 1970 WSS 340 Challenger that happens to have J heads.
        I'm curious If they are original to the car. How is that derailing the thread ?
       I find it somewhat lacking respect to the original poster when someone starts talking about
       something that has nothing to do with the thread.

RUNCHARGER

Where'd I put that Snickers?
Sheldon

Morty426

I had a 1970 Challenger 340 4 speed. 

It was my daily driver from 1985 to 1987

100% stock and original

It had J heads

WSS340

:popcorn:    my heads are J  heads with the 2.02 valves, still need pass. fender , driver quarter panel and taillight panel , any help is appreciated , really trying to find original mopar parts

Morty426

Quote from: WSS340 on June 09, 2018, 10:32:04 PM
:popcorn:    my heads are J  heads with the 2.02 valves, still need pass. fender , driver quarter panel and taillight panel , any help is appreciated , really trying to find original mopar parts

What is the going rate on a good original 70 fender?

WSS340

:popcorn: 

RUNCHARGER

Patience is a virtue they say. Along with rock steady hands that is.
Sheldon