Main Menu

Ospho horror

Started by philze, March 03, 2017, 04:22:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

philze

I had no idea this would happen. I left this hood spring soaking in Ospho for 2 weeks by accident and was shocked by what happened!

Anyone have a spare spring?

Compared to the one I left in for 1 hour there is nothing left.  Holy cow !!!

Cuda Cody

Seriously?  That looks like a throttle spring now!   :o   It was eating metal or was it really rusty? 

@wanderlustin  you gotta see this!

Roadman

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm      :popcorn:

Cuda Cody

@philze  can I share your photos on our Facebook group?

wanderlustin

That's amazing!  I've never used that product before.  It's easy to do; leave a part cooking in the pot.  I've done that in the electrolysis tank as well as in the Evaporust.  Both are more forgiving to my forgetful nature.  Awesome comparison photos!

wanderlustin

@philze I think I may have a spare pair but will be 10 days before I get home to check.  Message me then if you still need them.

philze

The spring was in great shape just like the other. It was bead blasted and put in the ospho to give it a coating for storage until it could be painted.

Way to cold to spray anything in Wisconsin.  Was sitting around out for a while before pic was taken.

On a better note motor and trans went in today.  I can see the light! :veryexcited:

Still need to find a hood spring. It's always something. Just keep  on plugin!!!!

wanderlustin

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 03, 2017, 04:24:10 PM
Seriously?  That looks like a throttle spring now!   :o   It was eating metal or was it really rusty? 

@wanderlustin  you gotta see this!
@Cuda Cody I thought seat lever spring! :)

Cuda Cody

:banana:  Beautiful job @philze    :clapping:  Looking like you are super close to being done and enjoying it!  :bradsthumb: 

Nice shop too!

Spikedog08

The car looks amazing!  The spring is surprising!  Wow . .  :unbelievable:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

61K T/A

Muriatic acid does a great job, doesn't it.  :o

Cuda Cody

@philze   If you need another spring a guy on our Facebook Group has one.....  go to the E-Bodie.org Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/ebodies/ and you'll see his info.