Main Menu

Our 72 'Cuda project

Started by Mrbill426, September 26, 2017, 07:52:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

Chryco Psycho

The red on the wiper motor would be incorrect , there was red epoxy around the wires on the plate to seal them but not on the motor body .
Steering column looks normal but the lower brg can be added while it is apart , ther would have been a foam seal inside the tube to keep the heat or cold from travelling up the column originally

Mrbill426

Thanks for the info!  Does the wiper motor look like the right one?  I have seen some at car shows where the case is anodized gold, is that right for a '72, or just pretty stuff?  Same question for the brake booster.   :dunno:

:wrenching:

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 01, 2017, 08:19:43 AM
The red on the wiper motor would be incorrect , there was red epoxy around the wires on the plate to seal them but not on the motor body .
Steering column looks normal but the lower brg can be added while it is apart , ther would have been a foam seal inside the tube to keep the heat or cold from travelling up the column originally

1 Wild R/T

I don't necessarily agree, there was no masking done & the paint used to seal the wires could run... Looks to me like there are two different red paints on the motor, one is original, the other is not.....  Green arrow doesn't belong.....Red arrows do...  IMO...

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Mrbill426 on October 01, 2017, 08:36:22 AM
Thanks for the info!  Does the wiper motor look like the right one?  I have seen some at car shows where the case is anodized gold, is that right for a '72, or just pretty stuff?  Same question for the brake booster.   :dunno:

Your motor was originally gold, years of exposure cause the cad plating to die back....

RUNCHARGER

The wiper motor might just have been sloppy from the factory. It looks like the correct one, there shouldn't be red (glyptol?) on the motor itself.
Sheldon

Mrbill426

I have not clean and inspected it yet so I'll take a better look.  When we tore the car down everything was packed in boxes.  Bit by bit we have taken things and restored them; electrical not yet.

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 01, 2017, 08:54:16 AM
I don't necessarily agree, there was no masking done & the paint used to seal the wires could run... Looks to me like there are two different red paints on the motor, one is original, the other is not.....  Green arrow doesn't belong.....Red arrows do...  IMO...

Chryco Psycho

Makes sense .
The red may have been factory & sloppy but it still was not normally supposed top be there !

Mrbill426

Got it  :bigthumb:
Was the case that year anodized?

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 01, 2017, 12:41:53 PM
Makes sense .
The red may have been factory & sloppy but it still was not normally supposed top be there !

Spikedog08

That's a great project you have ther MrBill. . . Looks like fun!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

The fun will be putting the puzzle back together again  :thinking:
One reason why we are here  :yes:

Quote from: Spikedog08 on October 01, 2017, 05:18:06 PM

Spikedog08

Quote from: Mrbill426 on October 01, 2017, 05:27:48 PM
The fun will be putting the puzzle back together again  :thinking:
One reason why we are here  :yes:

Quote from: Spikedog08 on October 01, 2017, 05:18:06 PM

We will all help with the puzzle . . A lot of us enjoy a good puzzle!  Some of us are way better than others . .  :lookatthat:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Mrbill426

You know Anlauto that probably closely resembles me when the main chassis came back from the painter..  Ohhh Nooooo now I have to put it back together! :notsure:

I loved that show by the way  :clapping:

Quote from: anlauto on October 01, 2017, 05:22:47 PM

usraptor

I also had to replace the panel that the Hood hinges attach to on the inner fender.  It wasn't too hard a job.  Course I can say that since I'm not the one who did the work, but I watched as it was done.   Sorry about the pictures being in reverse order, I had o search for them and they were out of order.