Main Menu

Pixie_Duster Coming To Life

Started by Pixie_Duster, February 28, 2017, 03:46:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

Wow, great progress!  :twothumbsup:  :clapping:  When you finish do you want to come to Utah and put mine back together?  :haha:  Love the pink engine block!  BTW, I need a single grove alternator pulley.  Interesting in selling yours when you get it off?   :D

YellowThumper

Very cool.
Definately a standout.

In a good way.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

MOPAR FANATIC

:wrenching: Awesome job guys and gals.keep at it...hope you all had a great easter and time off.

NOW GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!!  :haha:  :pixiepop:  :pixiepop:

Pixie_Duster

I hope everyone else had a wonderful Easter too. The day was very peaceful and we enjoyed the time off spent with family!

But, YES!! Back to work we go! Tonight we put in the brakes lines, which were such a pain in the arse! You gotta man-handle those things for real, or should I say "Woman-handle" those!  :rofl:  :haha:

Then we put the 2 pulley alternator back on, dust shield, starter, and the steering gear box on! Good thing I've got some muscles, because 100 ft lbs of torque has to hold that sucker into place! Whew!

Making progress is so wonderful! It helps to have you all cheering us on! Thank you!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Cuda Cody

:veryexcited:  I'm super pumped for you!!!!  Do you have a day selected to put the engine in?  Really soon, right?  You're doing great!   :bigthumb:

BIGSHCLUNK

Wow this is impressive, I do remember this from back then. Lookin' GREAT!   :perfect10:

Chryco Psycho

Piece by piece you are getting there !!  :cooldance:

usraptor

Wow girl, you don't fool around.  You could show the girls/women on "All Girls Garage" a thing or two!~   :wrenching:

Timbbuc2

What a great job, Love the Pink, and the motor too!!  :perfect10:
Get in, I'll drive

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 17, 2017, 07:39:57 PM
:veryexcited:  I'm super pumped for you!!!!  Do you have a day selected to put the engine in?  Really soon, right?  You're doing great!   :bigthumb:

That depends on how quickly we can get the next couple of things done.  Still want to build as much of the front suspension while the engine is on the dolly.  However the dolly may be in our way, so we'll get done as much as we can.  When we pulled the carb/gaskets/hardware out of hibernation, we found we were missing one of the riser bolts...only 3 in the baggie!  :pullinghair: Tried Ace...no such luck, but we were looking for the bolt only. I think I'm gonna go back today and see if they have just the 5/16th threaded rod and a nut that would fit through the riser hole. Otherwise, we're waiting for parts in the mail.  Tonight, we will take out the old harness and lay it beside this Painless harness we have and see what's what.  Hopefully, it won't be the nightmare I have envisioned in my mind and it will be easy-peasy and installed  :fingerscrossed:   If we can get all this done during the week, the engine will go in on this Saturday...if not, next Saturday.
Rev-It-Up

Spikedog08

Glad to see you are making progress!    :banana:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

Let me know if you would like me to look in my bolt bin.  I might have it and would mail it to you for free.  Can you post a photo and the specs if you want me to look? 

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on April 18, 2017, 08:02:17 AM

That depends on how quickly we can get the next couple of things done.  Still want to build as much of the front suspension while the engine is on the dolly.  However the dolly may be in our way, so we'll get done as much as we can.  When we pulled the carb/gaskets/hardware out of hibernation, we found we were missing one of the riser bolts...only 3 in the baggie!  :pullinghair: Tried Ace...no such luck, but we were looking for the bolt only. I think I'm gonna go back today and see if they have just the 5/16th threaded rod and a nut that would fit through the riser hole. Otherwise, we're waiting for parts in the mail.  Tonight, we will take out the old harness and lay it beside this Painless harness we have and see what's what.  Hopefully, it won't be the nightmare I have envisioned in my mind and it will be easy-peasy and installed  :fingerscrossed:   If we can get all this done during the week, the engine will go in on this Saturday...if not, next Saturday.

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 18, 2017, 08:31:27 AM
Let me know if you would like me to look in my bolt bin.  I might have it and would mail it to you for free.  Can you post a photo and the specs if you want me to look? 

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on April 18, 2017, 08:02:17 AM

Thanks Cody! If I don't find anything at Ace, I might take you up on that! I'll let you know shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rev-It-Up

Rev-It-Up

I'm having a tough time finding this one, locally or online.  Cody, if you have one, that would be awesome!   It's a bolt that holds the carb riser to the engine.  It is 5/16" 18 thread.  The head is a flat head screw type and the diameter is 7/16" . Socket cap bolts don't seem to work because a 5/16" thread will have a 1/2" head.   I see some online that have the 5/16" threaded rod with some sort of nut on it, but they don't come short enough.  Anyone have any ideas?
Rev-It-Up