Main Menu

Pixie_Duster Coming To Life

Started by Pixie_Duster, February 28, 2017, 03:46:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Bullitt-

Quote from: Pixie_Duster on July 09, 2017, 08:40:46 AM
Yeah, she got a little "too wild" last night. She a newbie to the Car Show scene.... [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yor shore lucky ta have CP on the scene...  Tickled Pink for Ya.   :woohoo:
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Cuda Cody

She partied a little to hard for her first time out?  What happened?   :soshelp:  Glad CP is there.   :bigthumb:

Lilian

very nice Pixies

I am sure it will be shortly back on the road !!   :banana: :banana:

RV2

If you need a hand I'm just up the road, I'm always willing to help.

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 09, 2017, 10:12:01 AM
She partied a little to hard for her first time out?  What happened?   :soshelp:  Glad CP is there.   :bigthumb:

Nothing too terrible. We just noticed a few things during the days drives about town.

1:  still had an oil leak, but this one was from the oil pan drain plug (thankfully).

2.  The car got grumpy when trying to start her while she was hot. CP thought it was the exhaust crossover ports in the intake manifold that needed to be blocked off.  Hence her "naked" pictures.  :o

3. We heard an exhaust leak...turns out we blew out an exhaust gasket.

4. The starter was not acting right, so we replaced it.

Back on the road again.  :yes:  Can't thank CP enough! What an awesome human being!  :thankyou:

Rev-It-Up

XeGnome

All better now... we will keep her off the tequila till Carlisle!  :))

Chryco Psycho

Just constant fixes & debugging  , I think I have had every major component apart except the diff now !!
Just issues with everything , today alone had to fix  leaks from exhaust , oil pan , had to block the heat crossover , just boiling the fuel in the carb , would not start hot . Working on keys & locks ,
We had the starter checked & was given a clean bill of health & then it got grumpy , so now it has a mini starter on it  .
Plugs are cleaner than new so now I get to start tuning for real now that the harder work is seemingly completed & it is running way too lean !
yesterday was oil pan leaks , new power steering box & numerous other fixes , I have lost track of everything we have had to work through !!

Cuda Cody

What timing are you running at all in?

Sometimes starters will "check" fine, but as soon as the brushes get super hot they don't turn over very well.... as I'm sure you know.  The mini starter will probably solve it anyway.

Chryco Psycho

The timing is set exactly where it sounds right as usual !!   :yes:
The starter would not even click last night , it had been sitting over 1 hour & was cool . I convinced it to work to get it home , it is now out & replaced !! :slapme5:

RUNCHARGER

Nice work CP, new cars=new bugs. It always seems to take a bit of effort before they are bulletproof.
Sheldon

Pixie_Duster

Went to Summit Racing tonight for their Monday Night Cruisin' and Pixie won her FIRST AWARD!! "2017 Monday Night Cruisin' Cool Cruiser Award"

[emoji1316] [emoji1316] [emoji1316]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spikedog08

That is awesome!  Great job!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

J-Code Jeni

Great reinforcement for all your hard work! Congratulations!  :drinkingbud:

Can't wait to meet you & see this awesome car in person! :veryexcited: :cooldance:

Marc70challenger

That's awesome!!! Congrats.  :cooldance:   :cooldance:

Chryco Psycho

I am proud to help make this a reality for you  :bigthumb:
Awesome that you are already winning with Pixie it has been a long time coming & very much deserved  :drinkingbud: