Main Menu

Pixie_Duster Coming To Life

Started by Pixie_Duster, February 28, 2017, 03:46:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MEK-Dangerous

Even if we need to push this car into the fairgrounds, it will be an awesome accomplishment. 

Great job guys!!

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Cuda Cody

Rev-It-Up

We took her out last night for a 10 mile test drive. The steering wandered and when we got back the gear box was leaking. We also found a oil leak that we think was coming from the rubber banana gaskets in the pan.. So this morning CP removed the steering gear box and dropped the oil pan. We are now in the process of putting the oil pan back on. CP already has the new gear box in. It's been a long few days, but very rewarding! We won't need to push her to Carlisle....she'll be ready...thanks to CP!  :worship:
Rev-It-Up

blown motor

I'm sure he would wish you no ill but I bet he's smiling inside.  :) Yes! Something to wrench on!  :)
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

RUNCHARGER

Dang cars. It doesn't seem to matter how careful you are or who rebuilt the parts, always teething problems and leaks.
Sheldon

cuda dad

Pixie is looking great.  Wish I was going to Carlisle.  Never been, yet.

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: scf100 on July 07, 2017, 11:27:15 AM
so looks like the windshield rubber worked.....awesome :banana:

Yes, it worked...but with a LOT of human persuasion and muscle. Not a job any of us want to do again!
Rev-It-Up

Pixie_Duster

First fill-up a couple nights ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anlauto

Car looks great, love the wheel choice, I still vote for a white stripe.... :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: anlauto on July 08, 2017, 09:58:37 AM
Car looks great, love the wheel choice, I still vote for a white stripe.... :drinkingbud:

Thanks Alan! We will definitely be putting on a white stripe, but we will be taking it back to the paint shop after Carlisle for some issues we found. So after they fix that, the stripe will go on.
Rev-It-Up

Pixie_Duster

Out on the town! Time for some miles before Carlisle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuda Cody

The stripe will look good.  You have to feel great about what you accomplished.  Nicely done!   :banana:

anlauto

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on July 08, 2017, 10:18:05 AM

Thanks Alan! We will definitely be putting on a white stripe, but we will be taking it back to the paint shop after Carlisle for some issues we found. So after they fix that, the stripe will go on.

You should see if they'll re-spray the door the same colour as the rest of the car  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: anlauto on July 08, 2017, 11:31:44 AM
Quote from: Rev-It-Up on July 08, 2017, 10:18:05 AM

You should see if they'll re-spray the door the same colour as the rest of the car  :alan2cents:

That's number one on the list.
Rev-It-Up