Main Menu

Schwartz Performance Frame

Started by rhamson, March 23, 2022, 10:50:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

rhamson

Cudajason

it is an interesting option isn't it.

but man is that  :bigmoney: :bigmoney: :bigmoney:  $10grand but in and an easy 5 for upgrades.

I wonder what the straight up comparison would look like between this set up and if you took $10grand in various strengthening and suspension upgrades. 

just a thought.

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

rhamson

I have a front frame member that is bent and sending it down to AMD it might cost as much because the floor has a hump in it where it happened so I am perusing the options right now.

anlauto

Is it only 10 grand ? I thought it would be more than that  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

Quote from: anlauto on March 24, 2022, 06:13:24 AM
Is it only 10 grand ? I thought it would be more than that  :alan2cents:

That is the starting point... If you recall I posted this when you inquired about it Alan
   It's not like any of your OE components will just readily transfer over
Quote from: Bullitt- on February 15, 2022, 02:11:30 PM
  I checked the least expensive options that added something to the basic $10K frame to see what the least a complete setup would cost & got $20K+....  :looney:
EDIT/corrected: Redid the estimate online & price was considerably less than I thought I got the 1st time.... $20K+
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

70rag383

10K gets you the frame and suspension components (excluding coilovers). Once you add in brakes, coilovers, rear end, installation you're over $20K. Looks very cool.

Wayne

Its kool that someone makes one....but really, why?  With proper stiffening a unibody can be quite stiff and they have been proven to be excellent on the road coarse and auto-x with updated suspension while still using leaf springs and torsion bars even.  Fore 99.9% I think its hard to justify.

I truly think some people just want to build something extreme and go these routes.
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

MoparLeo

Might make sense for someone contemplating a complete front and rear suspension upgrade. It is jig welded and essentially hand made to order. What is an O'reilly front and rear suspension upgrade cost ?
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

anlauto

I like the idea of them, but I don't really like the appearance of them...how you leave the hacked up original frame rails in place etc....doesn't give the finished product a very professional look...

There's other companies that make custom frames for these cars that attach to the rockers and you build all custom floors...WAY more involved, but a way nicer build in my opinion...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

rhamson

Or in my case a bent frame member that cannot get worked on.

ragtopdodge

By the time you buy an RMS front and rear kit, plus subframe connectors, you may be quite close to the cost of this and it may possibly be easier to install.

I like this if you're existing front and rear frame rails are shot and if you're going to build a pro-touring clone of an R/T or 'Cuda.