Main Menu

Second lease on life 73 Challenger.

Started by Rdchallenger, December 16, 2017, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

Well, in the hockey vein Rob, it looks like you shot and scored, in the interior! Looks good and one more thing off the "list"! Be real careful popping off the little clips that hold the heater case halves together, they have very small contact areas and I had to gently wiggle them off and back on. They also have the ability to disappear when they do pop off. Good luck.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Rdchallenger

So haven't been on in a while, work has been nuts with the Rona stuff... But had went ahead this past week and hit a huge milestone! Now onto the body.

jimynick

Good for you! That looks great! It also helps to revive my flagging ambition to get back on mine, so thanks Rob and roll on.  :bigthumb:

Rdchallenger

So it just killed me a little to have to do that to my fresh paint  :'(

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

DeathProofCuda

Gotta admit that I'm late to this party, but started going through the earlier pages of this thread earlier today.  Did you really paint the bottom of this thing while it was propped up with jackstands on a couple of old tires??  That is impressive!! :clapping:

Rdchallenger

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on July 09, 2020, 03:38:24 PM
Gotta admit that I'm late to this party, but started going through the earlier pages of this thread earlier today.  Did you really paint the bottom of this thing while it was propped up with jackstands on a couple of old tires??  That is impressive!! :clapping:

Lmao, I saw a guy from another country do it on FEBO and thought "hell thats genius"  :drunk:

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: Rdchallenger on July 09, 2020, 03:48:38 PM

Lmao, I saw a guy from another country do it on FEBO and thought "hell thats genius"  :drunk:

:rofl: Glad to see that it worked out and that you're still here to tell us about it.  But I still have to ask, would you do it that way again?  :cheers:

Rdchallenger

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on July 09, 2020, 04:08:49 PM
Quote from: Rdchallenger on July 09, 2020, 03:48:38 PM

:rofl: Glad to see that it worked out and that you're still here to tell us about it.  But I still have to ask, would you do it that way again?  :cheers:

Oh absolutely... Just would have second thoughts on Harbor Freight jack stands  :o :haha:

Rdchallenger

Too hot to really do a lot today. So just went ahead and laid down some insulation.

nsmall

jimynick

Rdchallenger

Well folks, with the most of the major welding done and rust from the original metal cut out patched. It is time to tackle stripping the EPD coating off of all the replacement panels so that I can shoot epoxy and high build primer on it. Someone mentioned on here before why trust the work of someone getting paid 5 cents a day in Taiwan for something you hope to keep for another 50 years.

So for piece of mind I'd rather take it to bare metal so that there isn't anything hiding.

CudaMoparRay

Rdchallenger

Big week and weekend completed, after getting all of the coating off quarters and conditioning the metal. I shot it with epoxy primer yesterday then hit it with high build today. Was a good way to spend a week off work for vacation, I have another week off coming up soon at which point I'll do the same with the fenders,hood, trunk lid, and doors.

That way I can reattach everything and block the car over the colder months so it'll be ready for paint in the spring.