Main Menu

69 383 Formula S 4 speed

Started by Shane Kelley, September 20, 2017, 01:26:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Beautiful paint! I read about the wheels and didn't think they would look good but in the shots the white letter tires with the blackout wheels gives it a tough 60's stock car look. Wheels are a 5 minute change out too.
Sheldon

usraptor

Quote from: Shane Kelley on November 09, 2017, 03:50:58 PM
I will say I didn't care for the hood scoop when I started this project. But now that everything is black and I can get the overall look of the whole car. I changed my thoughts on it. Now my feeling is that it's the perfect look for the car.

I agree that the hood scoop really adds  to the car.   :yes:  Did I understand correctly that the paint is a single stage enamel with no clear coat?  The paint job is awesome, but it is doubly awesome if there is no clear on that paint!  :twothumbsup:

RzeroB

Quote from: usraptor on November 20, 2017, 05:08:42 PM
Quote from: Shane Kelley on November 09, 2017, 03:50:58 PM
I will say I didn't care for the hood scoop when I started this project. But now that everything is black and I can get the overall look of the whole car. I changed my thoughts on it. Now my feeling is that it's the perfect look for the car.

I agree that the hood scoop really adds  to the car.   :yes:  Did I understand correctly that the paint is a single stage enamel with no clear coat?  The paint job is awesome, but it is doubly awesome if there is no clear on that paint!  :twothumbsup:

Single-stage, no clear. Car looks great in pictures, but it looks even better in person. I've been to Shane's place and the paint on that car is almost as deep and "wet" looking as any base-clear paint job that I have seen. I don't know how he does it, but Shane does some amazing paint work. :worship:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

cuda dad

I was going to say I am jealous because my 69 cuda has been in restoration jail for 4 years but in reality, I am just in AWE!  Beautiful, man.  :perfect10:

Shane Kelley

Some assembly in the engine compartment and in the process of restoring steering column. Back up lights restoration.

Jim AAR

You do beautiful work Shane, love your attention to detail..... :perfect10:

Jim AAR

I love the wheels, makes it look tough....

Are you putting Dog Dishes or Hub Caps on it?

GCragtop

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Jim AAR on December 01, 2017, 08:35:21 AM
I love the wheels, makes it look tough....

Are you putting Dog Dishes or Hub Caps on it?
No wheel covers of any type. Going for the all business raw muscle look. 

Shane Kelley

I have really been slacking over the holidays. I did get the column finished and the new repop wheel came in to round it out. After a long wait I finally got the radiator from Glen-Ray and as usual no disappointments with it. Bob does some of the most detailed meticulous radiator builds. They seem high on price but once you see them in person you understand why. Going to get it in this weekend and I will post up some pics. Last big item needed for under the hood and engine fire up. I may even try to fire it up this weekend.  :banana:

Cuda Cody

One of the most exciting days during a restoration.   :banana: 

Quote from: Shane Kelley on December 29, 2017, 01:55:14 PM
..I may even try to fire it up this weekend.  :banana:

Roadman

Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 29, 2017, 01:58:43 PM

Do we get video Shane.   :popcorn:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Roadman on December 29, 2017, 02:31:49 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 29, 2017, 01:58:43 PM

Do we get video Shane.   :popcorn:
If everything goes good i'm sure a video can be provided. Haven't installed the exhaust yet so it should sound pretty wicked. 

RUNCHARGER

That's really looking good. Makes me want one again.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Everything looks great  :bradsthumb:
Need a video of the fireup  :pokeeye: