Main Menu

70 Challenger SE

Started by Timbbuc2, January 05, 2017, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Are you talking about the door edge or along the body line of the door?

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on August 28, 2017, 01:44:58 PM
... I found the trim that goes down the door. Did they come with that or it is a add on. It the trim with rubber to protect the door.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 28, 2017, 01:48:06 PM
Are you talking about the door edge or along the body line of the door?

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on August 28, 2017, 01:44:58 PM
... I found the trim that goes down the door. Did they come with that or it is a add on. It the trim with rubber to protect the door.
Along the body line of the door, it had the door edge guards but I dont think I will use them
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

There were holes all along the body line that those mounted in to?  Right?  Hang on to them.  They are rare and I do not think anyone is reproducing them.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 29, 2017, 09:25:03 AM
There were holes all along the body line that those mounted in to?  Right?  Hang on to them.  They are rare and I do not think anyone is reproducing them.
The person that done the body and paint  filled in the holes, at least the door is smooth now.
Get in, I'll drive

usraptor

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on August 29, 2017, 09:30:36 AM
The person that done the body and paint  filled in the holes, at least the door is smooth now.

While the molding helped prevent door dings, I always thought the door looked much cleaner without them.  My  :alan2cents:

Timbbuc2

Quote from: usraptor on August 29, 2017, 05:13:44 PM
Quote from: Timbbuc2 on August 29, 2017, 09:30:36 AM

While the molding helped prevent door dings, I always thought the door looked much cleaner without them.  My  :alan2cents:
I agree 100%
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on February 02, 2017, 01:49:05 PM
Bought mine from Y1 but it dont look like that, a single tube connects to the filler neck, goes through the trunk floor and turns toward the tank, 383 car

I know this is way back but read thru the thread last night and thought I would post how my vent tube was.....in the end it vents into the frame rail...........and these are OLD pics before I did a lot of work..........

Timbbuc2

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on August 30, 2017, 04:10:19 PM
Quote from: Timbbuc2 on February 02, 2017, 01:49:05 PM
Bought mine from Y1 but it dont look like that, a single tube connects to the filler neck, goes through the trunk floor and turns toward the tank, 383 car

I know this is way back but read thru the thread last night and thought I would post how my vent tube was.....in the end it vents into the frame rail...........and these are OLD pics before I did a lot of work..........
Thanks for the pictures, I have not been on the site much, too much work
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

I put my motor in today, The fastest way to do it is from the bottom. Only took about a hour. Yes I could have put more parts on the motor before I installed it but I wanted to see it in place. I have a dolley I made to hold the motor and tranny. If anyone can use it come and get it (free) all I ask is when you are done give it so someone else that can use it. I used a old bumper to raise the body.
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

She is starting to look like something again...............I am sure  it feels good to be making progress............ :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

RUNCHARGER

It's always great to install the engine.
Sheldon

anlauto

You'll never want to do it from the top again :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Of course Alan is talking about putting in an engine!!   :wave:

Timbbuc2

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on September 10, 2017, 10:01:18 AM
Of course Alan is talking about putting in an engine!!   :wave:
[/quote
I hope so. :bradsthumb:lol
Get in, I'll drive

Timbbuc2

So, I get to the point to install the drive shaft, I thought what the heck, I have replaced everything else on the car what not the universal joints. SO I go to a auto-part store and bought them, but when I installed the first one the c-clip would not go on, one did of course but the other would not go into place. SO I went to another auto-parts store got another brand and it fit perfect. So while I was under there I decided to go ahead with the exhaust, Driver side PERFECT, pass side not so lucky. As you all know I bought this car with a bucket load of new parts,WELL the manifold did not match the header pipe. When I lined up the pipe it could have been a T/A coming out the side LOL. So I guess I will contact Accurate Exhaust for the correct one.  Be glad to get this baby done.
Get in, I'll drive