Main Menu

3M rust preventor

Started by Roadman, July 22, 2017, 02:44:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Katfish

Looks interesting, I'm fuzzy on what the 360 means?
You move the "wand" around?

Roadman

Quote from: Katfish on July 22, 2017, 03:15:45 PM
Looks interesting, I'm fuzzy on what the 360 means?
You move the "wand" around?

That's what I'm thinking. 

340challconvert

I've used the Eastwood frame sealer that seals the rust. 
It comes with the 360 degree spray nozzle.  Works great; sprays a mist pattern and seals areas difficult to access. Sprayed it in my front frame rails till it oozed out.
Let me know how your product works out?

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Deadeye74

Has anyone ever used POR-15?   http://www.por15.com/Rust-Preventive-Coating_c_11.html

My trunk floor back in '95 was borderline replace condition with a lot of tiny pin holes after blasting. I was maxed out on my budget so I had to save replacing it for a later date. I used 3-4 coats of POR-15 inside and underneath and it was/is solid as rock with no rust to this day still. It is designed to get even harder with increased moisture. I dipped the head of a 6" spike in it several times and then hammered it in to wood and it took a beating before it started to chip off. It actually works better if you just clean the loose rust off but not to shiny metal so it bites in to the rust sealing it. I dont know if the quality is still there after 28 years though...like all other companies they all start taking shortcuts and use cheaper materials to make money. If you do use it never dip the brush in the can unless your going to use all of it in one application...one tiny spec of rust will turn the rest of the saved can into a rock in a day or so.

Marc70challenger

Dead.  That's good stuff.

Guy I know used it on some bad floor boards. Cut out some bad holes (not Hughes one) and used POR-15 with fiberglass clothe.  It's strong as hell. And much cheaper than whole floor pan.